ellenm1206
Show most recent post content on main page with Wordpress for XOOPS
  • 2006/10/26 14:23

• ellenm1206

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/14

Hi all,

I would like to have a block on my main XOOPs page that shows some or all of the contents of the most recent posts (like 3 or 4). There is an option in the module preferences to display an exerpt on the index page rather than full text. I would love that for my main page showing the last 5 posts.

When I had Wordpress ME installed it had a block that showed the content of the most recent posts on my main page and I could select how many posts to show. But I wanted more Wordpress functionality so I changed over to Wordpress for XOOPs.

Has anyone designed a block like this?I don't really know php at all and don't want to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to. Otherwise I'll take the index.php and try to rework it and make a block.

Thanks for any help.

Ellen
Infomania World

preachur
Re: Show most recent post content on main page with Wordpress for XOOPS
  • 2007/1/2 14:52

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2006/2/4 4

I need this as well. (Doesn't matter if it's wordpress) For news and forums. I also need the block to be a part of a module and not a custom block, as this will be used for smartmail newsletters. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
Magick can never be restrained, but when freely given is thrice regained!

ckravetz
Re: Show most recent post content on main page with Wordpress for XOOPS
  • 2007/1/2 23:09

• ckravetz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/21

I think what you are looking for is there, all right. Try this:

On the User Menu, goto Administration - System Menu - Blocks - WordPress recent posts with content - edit - options - Display count:

set the number to however many posts you want to show on the main page. If it doesn't show up, make sure you turned it on in groups, too.

Good luck. Let me know if it doesn't work.I'll dig some more. I have it working on my website, http://www.keepingdreams.com

Login

Who's Online

349 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 349

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits