jimwillshire
Adding Content

I've got myself a bit confused again!

I'm looking to add content to my site, I've installed the theme that I wanted & modified the HTML so that it has "Sponsor us" as a link along the top, I now want to create a page that details what kind of spronsorship we're after etc..
I've downloaded & installed tinycontent, but I'm not sure it's what I'm after. I want the content to be visible, regardless of whether you are logged in

Is TinyContent the best way to go about this or can I create a custom block for this - if i create a custom block how can i link to it???

Thanks

Jim

jensclas
Re: Adding Content

If you wish to make sure a specific item is alsways on you front page the best way is a custom block. In your admin/blocks you can create a new block. In this created block you set it to visible in the same page of a module that is your start page. A common approach is this:

Install News module
Set news module as the start page in general preferences
Go to admin blocks and Create a custom block to show in the news page
Manage this block in the future from the admin/blocks page. - you can reset it's position, visibility, title and edit it. be sure to set it's number in relation to where you want it to appear on your page. All you need to remember is what you called it.

So.. if Tiny content is set to be on your start page you can do the same. (I am not familiar with the module - tbut the process is the same) - it would be the same foe smart section too.

I have a welcome message block at the top of my start page - my start page is the news module.

HTH

jimwillshire

Thanks for the reply

At the moment on my homepage I have a custom block (with the welcome text etc) with a news "summary" or recent news (I can't remember beneath this)
What I want to do is create a page to link to for information about sponsoring us - could I do this with a News module without it appearing on the recent news summary?

Jim

jensclas

I am not 100% sure about that - probably possible but then you would need to play with code. Why not look at the modules that wrap html pages - then you could create a html page and have it inserted - not sure how they work exactly - have just read about them. Another thought - maybe the 'my home' module will do the trick for you - use search to find these.

Mercury
  • 2006/12/17 21:39

• Mercury

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/29

I believe you'd be able to do this with articles... smartsection. I've not done it, but its a very versatile module. You can create a custom block with a link pointing to the article page...

Good luck!

msdana
  • 2006/12/18 2:32

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Yes, you can use one of the content modules to achieve your goal.

Create a page with the content module and then have "Sponsor Us" link to that page. You can get the URL by clicking on the page in the admin section (ex:http://www.yoursite/com/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=1).

Make sure you give anonymous users access to the module or else they won't be able to view the page. I like using WF-Channel for my "static" pages. It has Link to Us and Refer a Friend pages and you can set different viewing permissions for each page you create.

HTH
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Login

Who's Online

217 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 217

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits