ThisIsMyName
Why don't modules pop up in the admin area?

I just installed a custom version of XOOPS (Xoops Mexico). The purpose of this custom install is to modify the admin panel to make it look great (clean interface, nice icons, etc.). They specifically say the ONLY thing they do is modify the layout of the admin panel, other than that it's identical to a standard XOOPS install.

I am running the latest version of 2.0.x Xoops.

My problem is this. I uploaded a news and forums module and they don't show up.

News module is:
Article Management System (AMS) 2.41

Forums module is:
CBB 3.07

When I goto the admin section, under modules, the official XOOPS FAQ says it should automatically pickup the modules from the /modules/ directory, and from there I can click my way through setting them up.

The admin -> modules page shows nothing other than the System module installed. The 2 modules are uploaded in their own directory.

ex.

/modules/news/
/modules/forums/

Why isn't this working?

wizanda
Re: Why don't modules pop up in the admin area?
  • 2006/12/2 11:56

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Unsure without looking into the admin section they have made and if there are indeed any changes...will have a look quickly and get back to you....

wizanda
  • 2006/12/2 12:10

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Ummm unsure, just installed CBB and works fine click module and it takes you to the list of modules page; just diffrent graphics...

Make sure you include the Framework and Xoopseditors also for CBB and follow all instructions...make sure the folders aren't a level down, as I do that a lot...as in upload the files with an extra folder from unzipping and then not notice; untill no module or XOOPS saying....

Yet does appear to work? You do need to go to the module page first though, they don't show on the first page admin page and don't in normal XOOPS

ThisIsMyName

I have installed the framework and xoopseditor. I followed the "readmes".

The directory structure is how it's supposed to be. The modules still don't come up. I tried in both Opera (normal browser) and IE 6.

This is what my modules panel looks like after uploading everything.

http://i16.tinypic.com/3zc47lv.jpg

Edit:
Root dir of my XOOPS install...
http://i14.tinypic.com/4geco42.jpg

modules directory...
http://i17.tinypic.com/2ic8fiu.jpg

Inside each module directory is the correct folders/files. Won't bother screenshotting them, just take my word for it.

Anonymous
  • 2006/12/2 17:23

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Root dir of my XOOPS install...
http://i14.tinypic.com/4geco42.jpg

I might be wrong about this, but it looks like you have folders in your root directory that should be in a /Frameworks directory, i.e. those directories which came with the Frameworks package.

If you really are running 2.0.x the these are these are:

/art
/fpdf
/PEAR
/textsanitizer
/transfer
/xoops22

Please note that the /Frameworks directory should have the capital "F".

You need to sort this before doing anything else.

Hope this helps.

jakijem
  • 2006/12/3 18:31

• jakijem

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/3

I.ve got the same problem, but I actually have the CBB 3.07 (forums) and the XF Article modules working right, so as far as I can understand, I have well positioned the Frameworks directory (into root folder) and the xoops-editor (into class folder).

BUT, I cannot see the others modules that I uploaded to the modules folder: iMenu, Xlanguaje, TreemenuXL, RMDP (downloads), and a few more.

They dont pop-up in the admin panel, so I´m not able to install them!

Any idea?

phppp
Re: Why dont modules pop up in the admin area?
  • 2006/12/3 18:48

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

php debug enabled?

jakijem
Re: Why dont modules pop up in the admin area?
  • 2006/12/3 21:22

• jakijem

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/3

first enabled and no errors showed (a lot of queries, but no errors), now disabled, same result.

its how it looks:

Resized Image

I realized it looks like incomplete, like not showing all the uninstalled modules under that line....

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits