wizanda
Smarty can do Ajax Plugin, can we add it into Xoops?
  • 2006/11/19 23:26

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Before I forget to mention...
Noticed while surfing, that smarty has an ajax plugin
This would mean on PM we could ajax each other in chat instead saving loads of time...
Is it possible can one of our dev have a look at this

nekro
Re: Smarty can do Ajax Plugin, can we add it into Xoops?
  • 2006/11/20 2:55

• nekro

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/11/9

What a great news... i had been searching the example in the web... i founded and i test!!... i works great ... now we should test it into the XOOPS Smarty engine... it will be great!...

wizanda
  • 2006/11/22 23:22

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Ok next great news is Korean input on XOOPS module development of a list of things for XOOPS as in a Smarty in XOOPS project started...
Xoops ajax modules

nekro
  • 2006/11/23 4:40

• nekro

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/11/9

Had any of that modules worked??? i ve tested a couple and they dont makes the partial reload...

tzvook
  • 2006/11/23 6:31

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Quote:

nekro wrote:
Had any of that modules worked??? i ve tested a couple and they dont makes the partial reload...

have you noticed this:
Quote:
These Ajax-ized modules are just for XOOPS 2.0.x JP.( I modified modules of XOOPS 2.0.13a JP)
(so..maybe some of them won't work properly on XOOPS 2.O.x because of the difference of One-Time Token System.

and this:
Quote:
I plan to release XOOPS 2.0.x version of this project sooner or later..

wizanda
  • 2006/11/23 8:48

• wizanda

• Home away from home

erm? Polls me tried last night before going to sleep...polls pages loaded ajax'ed....you click any of the links within the polls system and it takes you to the next page smooth and no refresh...that was on XOOPS 2.2 with the XOOPS version and not the cube one (still testing on home server, not live one)...As there are 3 downloads on Korean XOOPS mod dev....my next thing is more experiments on main menu and how that work between XOOPS pages....

Me for one would like to see XOOPS being the slickest and fastest CMS with the most functions....

Adding Smarty is along how site is moving with folding items, next pages auto loading would be excellent....

Was thinking how if you could develop an Ajax space sort of like wiwimod...where you can enter a page data and not many other tables...if it was displaying in real time...that would be so cool moving wiki pages...unsure on others as needs smarty to render its self to be Ajax....

In them doc's; know the person seems extreme with lets make more forks, forks ae not good and really we are linking each others works anyways...for module functionality.....

Yet for point of XOOPS having Ajax is a very valid point on the ground of it is the next big thing, it would make XOOPS the cleanest and fastest...the way in which we have to add it into XOOPS is simple as it is simply a plug-in for smarty...that also means smarty will have pre-rendered the cached page...where Ajax falls as we see on chats with server loads...meaning pages would be loaded real-time for end users and still keeping XOOPS speed, if done well.

More tests with this today, as current author made it accessible by a div? div!!! wow ok where to begin trying….

wizanda
  • 2006/11/23 8:59

• wizanda

• Home away from home

ok make dat test sort of, it doesn't refresh the pages when leaving after submitting data...As it tries to load that without the XOOPS page being loaded, and just moving within the module, and not the whole page.....

To be continued...

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits