devilock76
Xoops Custom Layout/Block/Page question
  • 2006/11/19 1:57

• devilock76

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/1 2

OK I am looking to do something a little unusual and do it all with XOOPS as opposed to using dual CMS systems to handle my needs. At present I have a 2 development projects I am going to have going live on my website. Project 1 is website baker and is here:

www.mack-z.com/dev/MZ

Project 2 is a a XOOPS portal which is installed right now but not themed or anything.

I have installed SmartSection and Multimenu. What I am looking to do is to setup my site so I have store front pages that closely resemble the website baker install as linked above and then when you go to the more portal areas for my client logons as well as some sections for personal/family pictures and things like that. Basicalyl it is like having 2 different sites in one. I can live with them being the same theme but obviously I need a set of about 4 or 5 custom HTML pages with only a top menu and one of them be the default start/home page and then when the user goes to the portal pages the system opens up. I would like to do this all with one install of XOOPS if possible. I was thinking maybe a double install of SmartSection might get me close. Any tips to how I can do this would be greatly appreciated. If I end up having to have the Website Baker layer remain my store front and have XOOPS stay in a /portal directory in the end I could live with that but for my own self practice I would like to try what I am proposing.

Side note I am not a total XOOPS newb however I am not the most php savy person but I am a programmer.

For another site I own/administer/ well I setup XOOPS and did all the work for it except some of the theme specific css you can see:

www.raleighmusic.com

Ken

devilock76
Re: Xoops Custom Layout/Block/Page question
  • 2006/11/19 6:51

• devilock76

• Just popping in

Sorry, bump.

I have downloaded WF-Channel and WF-Snippet, hoping to get those installed tomorrow to see if that gets me closer, any other suggestions?!?

Ken

devilock76
Re: Xoops Custom Layout/Block/Page question
  • 2006/11/20 14:11

• devilock76

• Just popping in

OK I think I have answered my own question. I think TinyD is the way to go on this. WF-Channel would work as well so I am still debating them. The reason I am going with TinyD right now is it is very easy to create multiple TinyD installs if I want to use TinyD for another area where I want the full portal menus. Hope this helps someone looking for a similar setup.

Ken

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits