shedrock
CBB Forums
  • 2006/10/27 17:09

• shedrock

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/8 0

Ok, I must either be really stupid or this is more difficult than going to the moon. I have spent over 2 hours trying to get the CBB forums module to work. I first downloaded it from the downloads area on this site but low and behold the downloads contain an older version. I have since managed to track down version 3.06. I installed it and also copied some new frameworks folder in the root. Now, I went to install the module, I can see it all except it won't let me add categories. I can see Create Category but there is nothing in there, absolutely no options. All I want to do is install forums. I had the same exact issue with the Wordpress module. Why did XOOPS modules get so difficult to install and use?

Can someone please help me. I am just going around in circles here. I want to use the exact forums that this site uses. Please, please help.

Sorry for my frustration, but nothing should be this hard to install.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Shedrock

Speed
Re: CBB Forums
  • 2006/10/27 19:45

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

See the following thread for the solution. The short version is that you need to also install the xoopseditor files.

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=54266&forum=28&post_id=240418#forumpost240418

shedrock
  • 2006/10/27 20:18

• shedrock

• Just popping in

ok, i got it working but here is the other problem I am having. When I set CBB as the default module to show on the start page. Here is what I end up with:

Resized Image

Also, maybe you can help me here. I am trying to figure out the news module used here. I have tried the latest version here and I can't add any news. I can only add topics.

Thanks
Shedrock

jensclas

Have you checked your 'blocks' configuration and 'groups' setups in your admin?

Blocks is where your choose which blocks to make visible
Groups is where you select who sees what blocks

The news editing could also be related to your XOOPS editor setup - still thinking on that one - try a search on it - i am sure it has also been asked and answered but my headcold is getting in the way of clear thinking

davidl2
  • 2006/10/27 21:29

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

The cbb problem above looks like the templates havent been deleted and regenerated.

shedrock
  • 2006/10/27 23:38

• shedrock

• Just popping in

Well, to be quite honest with you. All I did was install the Blue Shine Template and it all works well. I think you guys for your help and quick responses.

Cheers!
Shedrock

ladysham
Re: CBB Forums - Another question
  • 2006/10/28 23:27

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

I have a question. Is there any difference in the file structure between 3.05 and 3.06? I have a very active forum on my site and do not want to risk losing it.

When I get verification that the file structure and database are the same, I plan on exporting the CBB database to a MySQL file, uninstalling 3.05 and then installing, as a new installation, 3.06. This should work, correct?

Thanks for any feedback. In the three years I have had this XOOPS site, the forums are very active and I definitely don't want to lose any momentum!
Kelly Ling
Shamrock's Web Design
http://www.shamrocksweb.com

If you're coming to see my house - give me two weeks. If you're coming to see ME - come any time!

phppp
  • 2006/10/28 23:31

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

The 3.06 is mainly a bugfix version for 3.05; If you don't hav e big problem, you can just skip the 3.06 and wait for a 3.07, or the 4.0

ladysham
  • 2006/10/28 23:42

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

Thanks for your reply. Other than bug issues that I know have already been reported, such as file attachments, icons not changing when new messages are available, etc., the forums seem to work well. As of right now, the bugs that I mentioned would be useful, but not at the risk of not getting the forums upgraded properly.

Were some of the bugs I mentioned included in 3.06?

Thanks for your time to answer!
Kelly Ling
Shamrock's Web Design
http://www.shamrocksweb.com

If you're coming to see my house - give me two weeks. If you're coming to see ME - come any time!

Login

Who's Online

120 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 120

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits