• 2006/10/19 21:53

• bumpe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/31

Quote:

jensclas wrote:

REPAIR TABLE xoops_session

It is in Monty's post above [/quote]

If you read this whole thread as i did, you would notice its not possible to make a certain decision, people here have given lots of instructions that don't work, and so its not easy to notice whats true and not.

However, amidst desperation, i chose to follow the rout of (REPAIR TABLE xoops_session) and my site improved drastically although its still not performing as supposed to. The remaining problem now is that majority of my members once they are logged in cannot access a certain module on the first click, but its always working from the second trial onwards. eg i log into the site and go to forum, i will be told that i don't have access to the forum and i am automatically logged out, then, i log in again immediately and go to forum, this time i get access without a hitch.

I uploaded my XOOPS manually.

What else is there for me to do and rectify this problem now that i have already repaired my TABLE xoops_session? Its been couple of days now and most of my members have realized the trick of second or third attempt and are already getting used to it as it is.

davidtillyer
Re: Successful login but still display main page

I'm having short of th esame problem when I login as the administrator and click on ANY of the tabs including the admin menue tabb it tells me that I do not have the right permission.

Q: Where do I find "TABLE xoops_session" and what do I do to it?

D

Quote:

bumpe wrote:
Quote:

jensclas wrote:

It is in Monty's post above

If you read this whole thread as i did, you would notice its not possible to make a certain decision, people here have given lots of instructions that don't work, and so its not easy to notice whats true and not.

However, amidst desperation, i chose to follow the rout of (REPAIR TABLE xoops_session) and my site improved drastically although its still not performing as supposed to. The remaining problem now is that majority of my members once they are logged in cannot access a certain module on the first click, but its always working from the second trial onwards. eg i log into the site and go to forum, i will be told that i don't have access to the forum and i am automatically logged out, then, i log in again immediately and go to forum, this time i get access without a hitch.

I uploaded my XOOPS manually.

What else is there for me to do and rectify this problem now that i have already repaired my TABLE xoops_session? Its been couple of days now and most of my members have realized the trick of second or third attempt and are already getting used to it as it is.[/quote]
Kind Regards
David

jensclas

A davidtillyer:
Q: Where do I find "TABLE xoops_session" and what do I do to it?
Quote:
just go into phpmyadmin

scroll down the list of tables in the db, tick the box next to the xoops_session table (your tables may have a different prefix than xoops_ tho)

then scroll to the bottom, in the selection box at bottom under the tables, select repair.

or you can goto the query window in phpmyadmin and type

@ Bumpe and Davidtyllyer?
Quote:
The remaining problem now is that majority of my members once they are logged in cannot access a certain module on the first click, but its always working from the second trial onwards. eg i log into the site and go to forum, i will be told that i don't have access to the forum and i am automatically logged out, then, i log in again immediately and go to forum, this time i get access without a hitch....What else is there for me to do and rectify this problem now that i have already repaired my TABLE xoops_session? Its been couple of days now and most of my members have realized the trick of second or third attempt and are already getting used to it as it is.

I am sorry - but on this aspect I am stumped...it is a new problem to me although i still suspect it is related to the sessions table. I suggest you keep an eye on the thread and bump it every few days - or consider a new thread as this one is past the original post which was not having permissions at all. This is a bit different - perhaps a new thread - It takes 2 or more attempts to be logged in - and explain that you have repaired the session table - give your full XOOPS version details - and have you got any php errors at all? The only thing i can suggest is to repair the session table again. I was logging in fine then suddenly I noticed my database was not updating when I did something - I repaired the session table and all worked again - so perhaps the repair you did didn't quite do the job and another reapir will? No idea really but it might be worth a try.

jensclas

As suggested - i am giving this a bump.

m0nty
  • 2006/10/25 0:26

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

Quote:

The remaining problem now is that majority of my members once they are logged in cannot access a certain module on the first click, but its always working from the second trial onwards. eg i log into the site and go to forum, i will be told that i don't have access to the forum and i am automatically logged out, then, i log in again immediately and go to forum, this time i get access without a hitch....What else is there for me to do and rectify this problem now that i have already repaired my TABLE xoops_session? Its been couple of days now and most of my members have realized the trick of second or third attempt and are already getting used to it as it is.

this usually happens if your mainfile.php doesn't contain www. in the XOOPS_URL definition.

check when you 1st goto your site, when you login, does the url contain www? if it's justhttp://domain.com and you login ok, then goto the forum & told u don't have permission and are logged out, i bet the domain will then be reading ashttp://www.domain.com or vice versa..

solution: check mainfile.php edit if necessary and then clear templates_c & cache folder.

i'm sure this has been mentioned before many many times.

bumpe
  • 2006/10/26 11:27

• bumpe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/31

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
Quote:

this usually happens if your mainfile.php doesn't contain www. in the XOOPS_URL definition.

check when you 1st goto your site, when you login, does the url contain www? if it's justhttp://domain.com and you login ok, then goto the forum & told u don't have permission and are logged out, i bet the domain will then be reading ashttp://www.domain.com or vice versa..

solution: check mainfile.php edit if necessary and then clear templates_c & cache folder.

i'm sure this has been mentioned before many many times.

Hi, m0nty thanks for your advice although it did not work, i appreciate your time though, I did as you said.

In my mainfile.php i have edited the XOOPS_URL defination. Now the URL containshttp://www.
I have cleared both the templates_c & cache folder.

And i still have the same problem. Need help please.

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits