JimLunsford
cbb problems

When trying to access the permissions area in cbb admin area I get a white screen. Also when trying to create a new catagory I get a white screen. When turning on debuging I see:

All errors (0queries (5blocks (0extra (0timers (3)
Errors
Queries
SELECT 
FROM xoops_config WHERE (conf_modid '0' AND conf_catid '1'ORDER BY conf_order ASC
SELECT sess_data FROM xoops_session WHERE sess_id 
'3444752e945829aa3e42ef32c38319c9'
SELECT FROM xoops_users WHERE uid=1
SELECT 
FROM xoops_modules WHERE dirname 'newbb'
SELECT FROM xoops_config WHERE (conf_modid '18'ORDER BY conf_order ASC
Total
5 queries
Blocks
Total
0 blocks
Extra
Timers
XOOPS took 0.091 seconds to load
XOOPS Boot took 0.037 seconds to load.
Module init took 0.055 seconds to load.

I uploaded the form.php as suggested but still no luck. This is happening in cbb 3.05 and 3.06 releases on 2.0.15.

jensclas
Re: cbb problems

Try this thread - there were some problems and hopefully this will send you in the right direction.

Speed
  • 2006/10/18 16:39

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

I'm still having the same problem as the original poster as well.

1) I've tried the items noted in the thread you posted as well as the solutions Wizanda (re: renaming a php file and setting editor) has posted.

2) I've uninstalled 3.06, deleted the files, downloaded a fresh copy and reinstalled.

3) I've also deleted the files, downloaded 3.05 and installed and still get the white space issues and inability to administer my forums.

4) I've checked the CBB support forum and found several users reporting the same issue with white pages, one with over 500 views and NO REPLIES. Absolutely amazing....

5) I've used the search function and checked the forums here on the XOOPS site daily for the last two weeks and while I haven't found a solution, I've seen that a lot of people are having this problem.

6) I've installed fckeditor even though I didn't want it to see if that would help. I've moved the files from root to frameworks and back again and finally uninstalled it.

7) I've turned on debug in both XOOPS and in CBB. I get the same report as the original poster. No errors. Nothing to track down and attempt to fix.

8) I've tried the default theme and other themes.

9) I've deleted the cache files before each update. I've updated the module after every change.

10) I've read and re-read the FAQ on white pages and can't find anything applicable since there are no errors.

I'm very frustrated at the moment. A bare-bones base install of XOOPS 2.0.15 and a base install of CBB 3.06 with newest framework refuses to function on the same machine that I have a site running XOOPS 2.2.3 with CBB 2.2 smoothly. Apache is setup properly and I have frequently set up testing sites on this machine successfully for the last several years. I want to downgrade the 2.2.3 site in order to upgrade but I just can't get the plain vanilla forums with an empty database to work for me.

Help?!?!?

Peekay
  • 2006/10/18 17:26

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

If you need a fully working CBB now, I can highly recommend CBB 1.16a with XOOPS 2.0.13.2. You should be able to upgrade from both when the bugs are ironed out.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

JimLunsford

I have tried every suggestion that I could find and still no luck.

Quote:
4) I've checked the CBB support forum and found several users reporting the same issue with white pages, one with over 500 views and NO REPLIES. Absolutely amazing....

Yes this is amazing! What is even more amazing to me is that 2.0.15 has a well known bug with form.php and skalpa seems to not give a rats behind about it. There should have been a very quick update done after it was found.

With all of these issues how in the hell is a newb going to download and install XOOPS and use it without getting frustrated?

phppp
  • 2006/10/18 18:07

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

well, you spent so much time, tried 10 solutions, but missing only one sentence, the only note along with the release news:
Quote:

Note:
the module requires /Frameworks/, plz always use the latest verion of Frameworks:

How amazing it is!

BTW: where is the "CBB support forum" you mentioned?

JimLunsford

with respect I have the latest and still have issues phppp

irmtfan
  • 2006/10/18 19:09

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

i test cbb 3.0.6 in many platforms LAMP and also windows IIS with both XOOPS 2.0.15 and 2.2.4.

php 4.1+ and php 5.1+ tested
mysql 4 and 5 tested.

also i test upgrade from a current forum cbb 3.0.4 with +5000 posts.

No problem found
of course there was a problem with mysql5 but it solved now.
please give us some more information:
php version?
Apache version?
mysql version?

JimLunsford

Operating system - Linux
Kernel version 2.4.21-40.ELsmp
Machine Type i686
Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)
PERL version 5.8.7
PHP version 4.4.4
MySQL version 4.1.21-standard

New install of XOOPS 2.0.15
latest frameworks

Speed
  • 2006/10/18 22:03

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

I'll add to my list even though frameworks was referred to in item 6. :)

11) I used the latest frameworks. And since it was mentioned elsewhere in these threads that there had been an update on 10/15 (I think that was the date), I redownloaded just in case. Since I'm installing in 2.0.15 I did not delete the xoops22 directory.

/frameworks is located off of my root directory

I thought the forum washttp://xoopsforge.com/modules/newbb/ but I can't find the thread I referred to there. As such I must be wrong, the site I saw wasn't Xoops.org, Xoopsforge or the Chinese XOOPS and therefore not an official CBB support site. My apologies for my false statement.

I'm going to delete XOOPS 2.0.15 and reinstall from scratch as my next step in case a file got corrupted in XOOPS or a database table got messed up.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for looking into this phppp (and Wizanda and Jen and and and everyone else that's been giving suggestions).

Login

Who's Online

247 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 247

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits