macsite2006
Re: Successful login but still display main page

Thannks for your suggestion but I not sure sure of the file name or table where to repair :P. Wehere can I find the xoops_session file and where to change? Can u give me the Original code and change code to be made?

Thanks.

jensclas

To check and repair any data base file you will need to access your server and go to it's phpmyadmin. I found this thread which may be something like what you are looking for here

as to how to do this you could look up the help files on MySQL and phpmyadmin for this - I don;t think we have any specific how to files around here for this - but I could be wrong..and will be corrected if someone see this.

Theres more detailed instructions here if you have Cpanel.

HTH

m0nty
  • 2006/10/6 11:11

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

just go into phpmyadmin

scroll down the list of tables in the db, tick the box next to the xoops_session table (your tables may have a different prefix than xoops_ tho)

then scroll to the bottom, in the selection box at bottom under the tables, select repair.

or you can goto the query window in phpmyadmin and type

REPAIR TABLE xoops_session

wcrwcr
  • 2006/10/6 15:24

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi

Another aproach is to use the module DBTOOLS

It saved my life in some occasions

BTW _ why that table get so many times corrupted??

molla_marru
  • 2006/10/8 2:17

• molla_marru

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/4

Hello,

I have installed XOOPS v2.0.15 for the first time. I installed in its own folder. The installation process went successfully without any problem. My problem started when I wanted to login as an admin. When I login as admin, instead of taking me to admin page, it brought me back to the main page after showing a successful login message. I couldn't be able to get to the admin page at all.

Is it possible to install XOOPS in its own folder? Here is what I mean "http://mysite.com/htdocs" by creating a folder called "htdocs" inside root. The reason I want to do that is to test how XOOPS working on my site before I delete my older site.

Or is there a method to install XOOPS without affecting my current website which has ‘index.html; inside root folder?

>> I tried to search in support Forum and FAQ's for simlar issues, but I couldn't find any solution. Hoverver I found people with simlar problems in the following sections.
1.https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=51248&forum=1&post_id=237955#forumpost237955
2.https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=53399&forum=1
3.https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=51248&forum=1&post_id=238516#forumpost238516

>> Here are some of Suggestion I used from the forum:
1. Disabled Firewall, antivirus
2. Reinstal Xoops
3. repair database tables

>> PHP v5.1.2 & MySQL database v5.0.18

Thank you for your help!

macsite2006

My website is working now. Thanks everybody for your help and special thanks to jensclas

bumpe
  • 2006/10/17 22:50

• bumpe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/31

Quote:

simon132 wrote:
I too have been having a similar problem since 2.0.14, and now 2.0.15.

I login and get taken back to the home page, when I log out I get told I don't have permission to access that page or some such similar rubbish.

I have followed the sessions table advice and no difference. There is a problem, and there is no point blaming cookies or nortons, this is a XOOPS problem.

Not saying I don't appreciate the advice given, but there must be a dev who understands what the problem really is and could give a straight answer.

Good people, i am begging help into this, i have a similar problem, the only difference is that mine is a waving problem, Example My users can log in well and go past the welcome message, but then when they click on a link eg Forum or polls they are told they don't have access to that module, again when they try after 2 minutes access is granted and all is well, but only for some minutes then the access is not allowed and they are taken back to the main page as logged out users. I have a busy and sensitive site that such an error can cost me a great loss, I am using XOOPS 2.0.15 and would be extremely grateful for a quick solution.

bumpe
  • 2006/10/18 0:46

• bumpe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/31

[quote]
macsite2006 wrote:
My website is working now. Thanks everybody for your help and special thanks to jenscl

Hey as you can see that most of us have the same problem, please be kind and tell us what you did to have your site work well and it will save many of us from asking the same questions again and again.
Regards

jensclas

This is what macsite did:

Quote:
just go into phpmyadmin

scroll down the list of tables in the db, tick the box next to the xoops_session table (your tables may have a different prefix than xoops_ tho)

then scroll to the bottom, in the selection box at bottom under the tables, select repair.

or you can goto the query window in phpmyadmin and type

REPAIR TABLE xoops_session

It is in Monty's post above

macsite2006

Yes, thats right. I just did what above line says. All problem lies in MySQL.

I just repair MySQL from Cpanal and fixed it. Later I am able to login!

Follow above instruction and I hope it will work fine for u as well.

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits