spectrum
Theme manipulation
  • 2006/10/5 5:51

• spectrum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/13

Okay so I have done my reading on what are themes and what are templates. I have read https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=212 regarding cloning templates, modifying default theme and renaming it and the template and all of that.

My question is this, my perspective client likes the look and feel of the left side justification of a site. Meaning a nice clean area to the right side of the page completely blank except for page background color.

I have seen themes that utilize the whole screen area/surface and those that are center justified. What them file or css file do I find the ability to left/center/right justify the layout of the theme?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ray
I'm enjoying Xoops, but it doesn't come without heartache and customer complaints!

wizanda
Re: Theme manipulation
  • 2006/10/5 7:11

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

You edit your theme.html of the theme that you are using...rearrange the blocks as neeeded and that changes XOOPS layout..

Quest
  • 2006/10/5 12:47

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Ray-do you have a link for an example to be seen as to what it is you mean?

Quest

spectrum
  • 2006/10/5 15:37

• spectrum

• Just popping in

Quote:

Quest wrote:
Ray-do you have a link for an example to be seen as to what it is you mean?

Quest

Yes I do, but its not a XOOPS site. Here is the site that is formatted like my client wants. http://www.donbest.com
I'm enjoying Xoops, but it doesn't come without heartache and customer complaints!

msdana
  • 2006/10/5 17:11

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

It's really just a matter of defining your CSS. You can make the main table left justified (if you will be using tables).

Take the default theme in XOOPS and play around with the table width by using an adjustable or fixed width and left justify it.

HTH
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

spectrum
  • 2006/10/5 17:31

• spectrum

• Just popping in

Okay guys....

Thank you very much.

I went and opened THEME.HTML in Frontpage and justified the main table to the left. I'm updating it on the web to see what it looks like.

Thanks again to the XOOPS community for all your help.

Ray

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits