williampwh
Successful login but still display main page
  • 2006/7/8 0:18

• williampwh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/7 1

Dear all,

Recently, I have upgrade my PC from WIN2K to WINXP and setup the XOOPS system. However, after I have installed the PHP, mySQL database and copy back all the data to the PC. I can only view all my post but never get successful login. Recently, what I can do is just post the message without login. Is there anyone can suggest solution for me to fix this problem.

Current situation is that, when I want to login to the system. It check the username and password without any error. But it seems there is a redirect program and finally, the system redirect to the main page.

I have found some similar issue in the web in these few days. Someone advised that this issue may be affected by the norton personal firewall. However, I have tried to disable all the norton internet security setting. It still cannot work.

Moreover, my Xoop version is old. It is version 2.0.4. Do I have to upgrade this.

Anyone can help me to fix this problem.

Thanks!

snow77
Re: Successful login but still display main page
  • 2006/7/8 0:21

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

you can try having your browser accept all cookies
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

williampwh
  • 2006/7/9 13:44

• williampwh

• Just popping in

Thanks for your update.

Actually, this have been setup already. Both the server side and the client machine connecting to the server have been setup. Moreover, cookies seems is a client side setting. I believe the problem I face seems is a server side problem. But I have no idea on that.

Actually, this setting works in Win2K. Moreover, recently I have upgrade the OS to WinXP. Then I got the error. Is it regardings on the Norton Internet Security or Norton Anti-virus.

Is there any advise on this issue.

Regards,

William.

gediminasbyt

I would like to add to this forum post something similar I have been trying to solve for quite some time. All my sites are running 2.2.4 (I'll install test 2.0.14). From one secure network none of the users can login. Exactly the same thing. Logged in, and then brought to home page. I even tried to set http_referer off in xoops/xoopssecurity.php

if ($ref == '') {
   return 
false// HTTP_REFERER absent
}
$pref parse_url($ref);
if ( 
$pref['host'] != $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] ) {
   return 
false// HTTP_REFERER wrong
}

I have set first part return false to true. In 2.2.4 there is some additional code, I'll try to disable referrer checking completely... as much as I don't want to do that.

Still, there is something else going as I have never had, nor anybody else had any problems to register on xoops.org or other allowed to access (gmail, yahoomail etc. are not allowed) websites and I have used quite a few others.

I'm just curious is it something related to 2.2.4 only and what am I risking off by disabling this referring completely...

Thx.

jensclas

Quote:
Is it regardings on the Norton Internet Security or Norton Anti-virus.

Possibly...do a search on nortons and firewall in the FAQ section...you could find the answer there.

williampwh
  • 2006/7/10 14:55

• williampwh

• Just popping in

Thanks for your update.

I have try to disable the http_referer and also try to disable the privacy control in the norton internet securiy. However, it still fails.

Is there any suggestion in order to fix the problem. Thanks!

^_^

William

gediminasbyt

This is the first time in the past year-and-a-half I have to check out other CMS in order to be able to use the system as I have not identified the problem and can't use website in this network... What a pitty not a single comment from developers of this referrer checking... checked xoopssecurity.php and modified a heck of it still getting inconsistent results. Logged in, can click around some links, but when clicked on Admin area once in a while get through but most of the time get logged out... Stock 2.0.14 and 2.2 branches were tested with multiple scenarios.

macsite2006

I got the same problem. I have been using XOOPS for a couple of years now and had never experience this problem.

I cannot login as admin or user. After I login as Admin it says:

"Thank you for login in Macsite" but it will go back to the same page without login to my website. Now I am not able to do anything.

Everyone who visit my website will complain me this and I dont know how to solve. I try few changing http_refer and changing cookis on my computer, try with other browser but still not work.

Can anyone tell me which file or what code need to be modify. If cookies, where or which file I need to fix and how to in xoops? Thanks

wcrwcr
  • 2006/10/2 4:28

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

@macsite2006

Quote:
"Thank you for login in Macsite" but it will go back to the same page without login to my website. Now I am not able to do anything.

Almost shure that a quick repair on your xoops_session table will do the trick. As a mater of fact I don?t know why that table tends to get corrupted so many times

Please give it a try.

simon132
  • 2006/10/2 5:03

• simon132

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/19

I too have been having a similar problem since 2.0.14, and now 2.0.15.

I login and get taken back to the home page, when I log out I get told I don't have permission to access that page or some such similar rubbish.

I have followed the sessions table advice and no difference. There is a problem, and there is no point blaming cookies or nortons, this is a XOOPS problem.

Not saying I don't appreciate the advice given, but there must be a dev who understands what the problem really is and could give a straight answer.

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits