saeed
Recent News block problem
  • 2006/9/30 10:59

• saeed

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/27

HI friends,

My recent news block is going freaky, its not showing latest news titles and text anymore same as the below shot, please take a look :

Resized Image

I really dont know what is going on but I already tried Updating module, deleteing cache and templates_c and repairing and optimizing the database. please help if you know the way...
All about electronics and hardware:
HardWare Freaks!

jensclas
Re: Recent News block problem

We need more information please - check the read before you post link below.

wcrwcr
  • 2006/9/30 21:24

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

hi saeed

Did you check in your xoops>admin>blocks>recent news

to see if you select what to be displayed on the spotlight feature of the mod?

saeed
  • 2006/10/1 10:05

• saeed

• Not too shy to talk

Thank friends,

Hi I cheked and all the block settings are right, actually this block was working fine and stoped working with no point. recently I fount the last news list in the post/edit news is also empty.

I wonder this is a XOOPS problem or server related?
HardWare Freaks!

wizanda
  • 2006/10/1 10:22

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Has your server started moving everything over to php5 as many are doing...not that it should, yet unsure just you asking made me remember when i was with illusionfxnet and they were so xcited they just updated then everyones site went haywire and then they told us

Yet check your database with logical table checker really this is a must have in XOOPS core i feel as it tells you of unseen database errors, like missing contexts or repeated entries that can make things vanish like that...or even users not in a group you didn't know about untill installing it a year down the lines and findig that is why your site had been slow...

yet just a sugestion to find the cause...as somewhere between your php and MySQL it isn't fetching the database back again as everything else is showing...

saeed
  • 2006/10/1 18:04

• saeed

• Not too shy to talk

my god! you are right wizanda ...I asked fuitadnet support and they told me that updated php to 5.0.5 and MySql to 4.1.21-standard. but why all things works fine except recent news block also list of latest pubished/waiting news in post/edit page. so what is going wrong between php 5.0.5 and MySQL 4.1.21 with my news! something stranger to me is why the news are showing correctly in www.nvidiaclub.com/modules/news page then!

can you tell me more about "logical table checker" you said please?

thanks for your help
HardWare Freaks!

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 179

vamptrix,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!