jlm69
Re: Users
  • 2006/9/2 22:51

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

The user database is very different from version 2.2 and 2.0.
I did the downgrade and like you had some problems, but the users table was almost right, the only thing was that they all had the same amount of posts as I did, or the user #1. So I exported the user database to my computer and opened up the sql file and everyone had 123 posts, so I did a replace and replaced
, 123, with , 0,
and that did it. I was worried about user 123 but there was no space after the first comma for the user id.

Forgot the end, then I deleted the user table from my new installation and imported the file I corrected. All works good as far as I know.

Hope this helps,

John

christian
  • 2006/9/2 22:52

• christian

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/2/24

For migrate your users from XOOPS 2.2.x version to 2.0.x version, you can use this queries :

1)With phpmyadmin, truncate your x2014_users table, after execute this query

insert into `x2014_users` (`uid`, `name`, `uname`, `email`, `url`, `user_avatar`, `user_regdate`, `user_icq`, `user_from`, `user_sig`, `user_viewemail`, `actkey`, `user_aim`, `user_yim`, `user_msnm`, `pass`, `posts`, `attachsig`, `rank`, `level`, `theme`, `timezone_offset`, `last_login`, `umode`, `uorder`, `notify_method`, `notify_mode`, `user_occ`, `bio`, `user_intrest`, `user_mailok` )
select `uid`, `name`, `uname`, `email`, `url`, `user_avatar`, `user_regdate`, `user_icq`, `user_from`, `user_sig`, `user_viewemail`, `actkey`, `user_aim`, `user_yim`, `user_msnm`, `pass`, `posts`, `attachsig`, `rank`, `level`, `theme`, `timezone_offset`, `last_login`, `umode`, `uorder`, `notify_method`, `notify_mode`, `user_occ`, `bio`, `user_intrest`, `user_mailokfrom x22x_users left join x22x_user_profile on x22x_users.uid=x22x_user_profile.profileid;

(*)The tables must be in the same data base with different prefixes. To adapt the prefixes given in example to your situation

2)recreate your groups
insert into x2014_groups (groupidnamedescriptiongroup_type)
SELECT groupidnamedescriptiongroup_type FROM x22x_groups` WHERE groupid >3;

3) Affect your users in the groups
insert into x2014_groups_users_link (groupiduid)
SELECT groupiduid FROM x22x_groups_users_link;

ladysham
  • 2006/9/2 23:06

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

Jenclas - Thanks for the info on that thread. I had already read it and it doesn't apply here. I have a database of almost 1200 users, 79 of them are not activated, because they never activated their membership. The rest all have a level of "1" already.
Kelly Ling
Shamrock's Web Design
http://www.shamrocksweb.com

If you're coming to see my house - give me two weeks. If you're coming to see ME - come any time!

ladysham
  • 2006/9/2 23:07

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

jlm69 - Thanks so much for your input. I wish mine were that easy. hehehe - Each member who has ever posted has the correct number of posts in the field.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Kelly Ling
Shamrock's Web Design

If you're coming to see my house - give me two weeks. If you're coming to see ME - come any time!

ladysham
  • 2006/9/2 23:08

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

Christian - I read over your instructions, and tried them, but I couldn't get them to work. I think it's because my users file is already is 2.15 format. Any other ideas would be appreciated!

Right now, I'm still updating manually. I've done four pages, only ??? many more to go!
Kelly Ling
Shamrock's Web Design

jensclas

Hi kelly

Quote:
Thanks for the info on that thread. I had already read it and it doesn't apply here.

Oh well...it was just a guess - i feel for you with the job ahead of you

ladysham
  • 2006/9/3 4:28

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

Thanks for the sympathy. I've been at it for about six hours now and I'm only halfway through. I thought I was doing better, then I realized that XOOPS only shows page numbers up to 50 for users. And there are 10 users a page. So, here I thought I was done when I hit page 50. Ugh!!

There's got to be an easier way to update this stuff!
Kelly Ling
Shamrock's Web Design

Peekay
  • 2006/9/3 11:59

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Would Tedsmith's XOOPS Importer be of any use?. Looks like it will need user data in CSV format.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

christian
  • 2006/9/3 12:43

• christian

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/2/24

if you want just update the number of posts, you can use this query :

update x2014_users set postsx22x_user_profile.posts
where x2014_users
.uid x22x_.user_profile.profileid;

Adapt prefix to your situation

ladysham
  • 2006/9/3 14:20

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

Peekay - Thanks for the suggestion. Couldn't get it to work.
Kelly Ling
Shamrock's Web Design

Login

Who's Online

145 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 145

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits