przemeks
Different problem Slow download of index.php
  • 2006/8/17 14:54

• przemeks

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/29

Hello guys,

I had installed XOOPS 2.0.14 on my host with modules: news 1.44, protector 2.57, theme changer 2, filemanager 3 and Spotlight news 1.4.

My XOOPS site work very well, usually I wait about 2-3 seconds for servers response and less than 1 second to dowlonad index.php or any page of my site.

But sometimes (few times per day) my XOOPS work very slow, I wait more than 10 seconds for servers response. After 10 minutes my XOOPS work fine. Downloading XOOPS page is very fast, but I must wait much time for servers response.

When my XOOPS work such slow, index.php or other pages sometimes return blank page, after refresh XOOPS return normal page.

My host's admin told me that this situation is only on my accont, any other client don't informed them about simillar situation. Admin told me also that this might byby bad optimised SQL queries, because on his site all looks good.

I don't know what is wrong, my hosting company is very solid firm, all of my pages work fine.

When this situation starts (it takes about 10 minutes) I can't acces my databases by PMA, I wait for servers response very long.

My site in this momment use cache for all blocks and I think is very goos optimised.

Had Had anyone simillar problem ?

# This problem isn't only on my PC, my friends also have problem with my page few times per day

# I will come back 28th of august, sory if I can't post any other informations.

jensclas
Re: Different problem Slow downlod of index.php

Hi
I edited your subject to be specific - more problems as a title will not get attention from the right people.

I checked you site link here and if this is the one you are referring to it was very fast in firefox.

You can search on the 'slow download' times to see what other people have come up with. You don;t have loads of images on this page so that can;t be it (often is)...so sorry I have not other suggestions except to try a search. But we do need to know if we are looking into the correct website too.

przemeks
Re: Different problem Slow download of index.php
  • 2006/8/26 12:14

• przemeks

• Just popping in

Hello,

no no, cv.czytelnia.net don't work onn XOOPS, it is

url removed at posters request - Davidl2

Will_H
  • 2006/8/26 12:18

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Of course your host is going to tell you that its not their fault.

Why would they say "uhp yep, you caught us. We have been running at double capacity for months and everyone is complaining about it."

You answered your own question when you said....

Quote:

I wait more than 10 seconds for servers response.

XOOPS cant load until the server decides to acknowledge its presence.

przemeks
  • 2006/8/26 21:55

• przemeks

• Just popping in

My host told me that i have bad optimised queries to SQL and "slow queries" and they have limits of SQL queries per user, when my accont create to many queries SQL for me is disabled or work very slow.

My admin told me:

"If Your script generate more than 10 queries in one time, which every of this query have about 15 seconds acces to next queries is blocked.

If problems exist it means that You reached maximum number of queries dedicated for one user.

If You actually don't have members on-line it doesn't meen that you don't have queries on pconnect used".

Soryy for my english

davidl2
  • 2006/8/26 22:00

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

This sounds like an excuse for a poor server.

banned
  • 2006/8/27 2:03

• banned

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/16

Btw, ask your host to give you those slow queries.
Maybe is something that can be fixed

przemeks
  • 2006/8/28 18:23

• przemeks

• Just popping in

I'm waiting for those quaries now.

smfuser
  • 2006/9/4 16:07

• smfuser

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/24

Hi, I'm having same problem on my hosts server / database.
Are you with Godaddy by any chance?

I posted about this in another forum HERE

I rang my Hosting Co. and they said same thing about queries being lined up behind one another to load, and when one doesn't the rest don't and it gives a slow loading time or doesn't load at all. They said they ran scripts on a couple of my sites and they all loaded instantly but noticed some queries weren't 'optimised' and were causing some load time issues. Something like that anyway.

Strange thing is, it's happening on my XOOPS installation, on my Joomla installation and also on my MKPortal installation, which are all on the one hosting account. Yet i have another hosting account (also with same Hosting provider) which also runs a MKPortal installation and it loads fine. So i'm lost as to what it could be. It's not the hosting provider doubling up or cutting corners I don't think, it sounds like something in their MySQL installation maybe? . i dunno.

I told them it's weird it's happening on 3 different CMS or portal systems and that it must be on their end in the actual database setup. They know that the other hosting account loads fine with MKPortal, but the first 3 i mentioned don't. They escalated my request for help and said they are going to run some tests on the databases and see what they come up with. Of course it was suggested I could go with a virtual dedicated server, but i can't afford that every mth :(

So how or what does one do about these queries they mention? How do you 'optimize' them ? it's obviously not XOOPS that i can think of, unless there is a way to make XOOPS queries 'optimised' ? i dunno.... anyhelp would be appreciated :) thanks in advance.
I used to be Indecisive ... but now I'm not so sure

przemeks
  • 2006/9/11 13:45

• przemeks

• Just popping in

Hi,

on GIJOE's site i found informations about slow_queries in XOOPS, GIJOE wrote that he found a lot of needless queries which probably makes XOOPS slower.

This article is in:

http://www.peak.ne.jp/xoops/md/news/index.php?page=article&storyid=350

I have a big request to XOOPS Team to check this thing because my XOOPS work very slow and I have problems on my host.

It will be a gib pleasure for me i XOOPS Team could help me with this problem.

Login

Who's Online

144 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 144

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits