mesol
Migrating To New Server (Module Problem)
  • 2006/8/26 9:37

• mesol

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/4/19

I successfully migrating content and database to a new server, but the problem is just system module installed. Other modules remain at bottom side of Module Preference, that mean still not install. When I want to install it, I got this kind of messsage - " Table 'xoops_protector_log' already exists".

This is one of the example of XOOPS Protector module error. If I want to install other module, the same error appeared but for other related table. I know that the table is already in database and cannot be exist. How to make the status of module become installed and using the old database.

mesol
Re: Migrating To New Server (Module Problem)
  • 2006/8/26 10:00

• mesol

• Not too shy to talk

What come up in my mind now is, drop the table for related modules 1st. And install the modules. After that, import the related table again that i already save in my local drive to exist the existing table.

Could it possible to solve my problem?

Will_H
  • 2006/8/26 12:27

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Exactly, drop your module tables. Install the modules. Inject the sql.

Be sure you are using exact version matches. As different versions may have different sql structure.

mesol
  • 2006/8/26 12:43

• mesol

• Not too shy to talk

thanks, problem solve. just another one problem. how to configure smtp mail for my domain. already registered with Google Hosted Beta athttp://www.google.com/hosted/

How to set smtp

Will_H
  • 2006/8/26 12:48

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

You can use a module Like Tropical Mail to just pull the mail into your framework.

If you are asking how to configure your mail server..... Each one is a little different

Login

Who's Online

224 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 224

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits