robyduck
Login failed
  • 2006/8/22 19:39

• robyduck

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/3 2

Hi there!
I've a problem when logging in on my site (and all the users have too). When I'm digiting my user and pass all works fine with the welcome message where the system recognizes the user. But after that, instead of loading the homepage with the logged user, it appears the homepage without any user. No login! Also, the block of the "online users" is not visible and seems not to work.
So, I tried to empty the cache in template_c and controlled the date of creation of the files (like user.php but also the others) via FTP, but nothing. The DB seems to work correctly as the hole site works fine.
Need to have the login, as the users come most likely for the forum on my site.
Hope you have any idea, thanks in advance
Robyduck

jensclas
Re: Login failed

Hi
Check the FAQ section and do a search. This issue has been addressed before. If you can't find the answer then read the read before you post link below and come back with more information about your setup. HTH

robyduck
  • 2006/8/22 20:13

• robyduck

• Just popping in

Hi!
I've read the FAQ topic, but that isn't my problem. The login block is visible and working, my problem is on logging in. Th block, which is not more on the homepage is the "who's online" block.
So, I can digit my user and pass but the site doesn't let me login, that's strange for me...as the site worked correctlyuntil a day before and I didn't do any change on it.
Xoops 2.0.13.2
php4
mysql 3.23
If you need other details I'll tell you.
Thank you

zimmi88
  • 2006/8/22 20:36

• zimmi88

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

From my understanding of what you've previously posted, the login block is visible on your site and you've logged in using it, but it doesn't log you in, despite the fact it authorizes your login and confirms the authorization.

Hmm... the login and authorization should work with or without cookies, so that can't be it....

I was wondering if you can try something. On your website, visit user.php and see if you can login using that page.

If you are able to login using user.php, check your blocks and make sure the permissions are set correctly so that the "Login" block is only visible when it's an anonymous user and the "User Menu" is visible when it's a logged in user.

Try that and post back with the results.
-zimmi88 =)

P.S.: You can reach your administration page at admin.php.
"Need coffee, keep away..."

robyduck
  • 2006/8/22 20:47

• robyduck

• Just popping in

Ok, I tried that, but the result is the same. Entered the user and pass, welcome message and the I'll be re-directed to the homepage without login. It's so as the DB is searching something and then goes back to the root.
I tried to control all my tables in the DB and got this in the tables of "online" and "session":

roby.xoops_online check warning Table is marked as crashed
roby.xoops_online check warning 7 clients is using or hasn't closed the table prop...
roby.xoops_online check error Record at pos: 5000 is not remove-marked
roby.xoops_online check error record delete-link-chain corrupted
roby.xoops_online check error Corrupt
roby.xoops_priv_msgs check status OK
roby.xoops_protector_access check warning 3 clients is using or hasn't closed the table prop...
roby.xoops_protector_access check status OK
roby.xoops_protector_log check status OK
roby.xoops_ranks check status OK
roby.xoops_session check warning Table is marked as crashed
roby.xoops_session check warning 9 clients is using or hasn't closed the table prop...
roby.xoops_session check error Record at pos: 290504 is not remove-marked
roby.xoops_session check error record delete-link-chain corrupted
roby.xoops_session check error Corrupt

It must be there the error!! But how is that possible without modifying my site???
The error message on this 2 tables is:
#1016 - Can't open file: 'xoops_session.MYD'. (errno: 145)

Dave_L
  • 2006/8/22 22:35

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Quote:
The error message on this 2 tables is:
#1016 - Can't open file: 'xoops_session.MYD'. (errno: 145)

Error 145 means that the table needs to be "repaired". phpMyAdmin can do this.

Or in this case, since the session table contains only temporary data, you could empty the table.

Login

Who's Online

221 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 221

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits