bob640
Cant Access Main Admin Menu
  • 2006/8/13 17:46

• bob640

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/29

Just installed XOOPS 2.xx on my laptop, running it with PHP 5.0.14 (i think) and MySQL 5...all installed on same machine running Apache 2

everything working fine but when I log in and click the ADMINISTRATION MENU link, the page redirects to a white page with the message saying "This is your first time using the administration menu, please click the button below to continue'...then if I click the submit button the page reloads but with that message again...if i click cancel, nothing happens....i cant seem to get through to the actual XOOPS admin menu...

tried reinstalling XOOPS twice and used two different databases but same problem...

please throw me some suggestions

Cheers

Rob

Herko
Re: Cant Access Main Admin Menu
  • 2006/8/13 18:27

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Make sure the cache/ folder is writable. That should fix your issue.

Herko

bob640
Re: Cant Access Main Admin Menu
  • 2006/8/18 8:48

• bob640

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/29

when installing xoops, it said the cache folder is writable...at th moment, if i right click on the folder and select properties, there is a green square next to the read-only option, so if i deselect that and click apply, next time i click on the folders properties its there again...does that cause the folder to be read-only or does the tick have to be there to make it read-only...

maybe some of the xp bods can help...

i really need to get this working on my laptop becuase i have to demo XOOPS to my boss next week....

Login

Who's Online

364 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 364

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits