ReySolar
Problems with phpadsnew 2.0.8
  • 2006/8/17 18:59

• ReySolar

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/2/2 1

Hello!
I've send to the server, into the folder modules, the banner module phpadsnew 2.0.8 from https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=43703&forum=30, but in the Modules Admin it says "Module File for phpAdsNew-2.0.8 Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!". How can I fix it?

Thanks a lot

ReySolar

Djiman
Re: Problems with phpadsnew 2.0.8
  • 2006/8/17 19:29

• Djiman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/26

Phpadsnew is a standalone software!
Simple download a fresh updated copy from pan and install it.
You can install it anywhere, even outside the module's folder.

All you have to do is generate the codes and paste it where-ever you want your advert to be in your XOOPS site.

They have a very great/helpful community, ready to help anytime, -in regards to pan.

visit pan: at www.phpadsnew.com

jensclas

module file not found is usually an indication that something went wrong with the file upload...cross check what you have against your orriginal - a file could be missing or corrupt. FTP'ing too many files at once can do this sometimes.

ReySolar
  • 2006/8/17 21:06

• ReySolar

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks, but I don't understand:phpadsnew 2.0.8 is a xoops's module or a standalone software?

ReySolar

msdana
  • 2006/8/17 21:09

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

There is a PHPAdsNew module which according to the comments doesn't work very well (if at all). There is a PHPAdNews 2.08 stand-alone program. That is the program I recommend you use. You do not install it as a module.
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

ReySolar
  • 2006/8/17 21:49

• ReySolar

• Not too shy to talk

Ok but how I can difference one from another?. I don't know what I have donwnloaded...

Thanks

ReySolar

msdana
  • 2006/8/17 22:04

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

If you downloaded it from www.phpadsnew.com, then you downloaded the stand-alone version and should install it according to the instructions that are in the manual. If you downloaded it from somewhere else, I don't know what you downloaded.

PHPAdsNews is a little complex. Make sure you read the documentation that is provided
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Djiman
  • 2006/8/18 8:27

• Djiman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/26

I think whether or not you download what was meant to be a module or from PAN it does not make any difference.

If you are going to use the module, then it will only create a data base table with the xoops_prefix, but still does not make use of it. It does not use the XOOPS login system, And you will still need to install it as a stand alone, despite the effort to install it as a traditional xoops' module.(pls: correct me if i am wrong)

PAN will create its own database tables and you still need to configure it , 'separately from XOOPS ' it has it own login and when you create a client you still have to create a client separately .

So, in my opinion it is best to install the latest version from PAN, -their support forum is as active as this one here.

What do you need frrm PAN? Banners of all sorts to display on any site, and it will generate codes that you paste on your XOOPS site or just any site.

It requires a little effort at the beginning to learn how it works, but after afew hrs or a week or two, it is pretty exiting. If you want a complex banner system, then most will be that complex.

It worth the effort to learn and implement it, and you can really do many tricks with that.
You can use it to switch your logo in your header!!

Ah ! maybe if I had a right to request any extra features in the future xoops, I would have asked to integrate PAN ( or a fork base on it ) in the core system .

ReySolar
  • 2006/8/18 13:40

• ReySolar

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks to all of you! I understand a little more but still I think that it's very complex to me now. I'll wait for better solutions in the future...

ReySolar

technobia
  • 2006/8/19 23:54

• technobia

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/4/17

It is a bit confusing I am still trying to figure out how to linkbanners to zones. I did link one but I am not sure how :)

I installed 2.0.8 as a module. Should I undo that and install it as a seperate website in IIS?

Also I was thinking that to link a banner to various pages on my XOOPS site that I would put the code in custom blocks since I want to have diffrent ads on diffrent pages. Is this even possible? My prelim testing did not work out trying either PHP or JavaScript (HTML) nothing shoed up in the block.

Any suggestions?
Thanks, Technobia
www.PrideDEPOT.com
Everybody Has A Right!

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits