atomboy
Linkwords, Hotwords
  • 2006/8/15 20:36

• atomboy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/3 6

Firstly, many thanks to all involved with Xoops. As a new user, I can only say how brilliant it is.

The only thing I cannot see which I have found useful on other CMS, is a type of global keyword-to-link utility, where admins can specify a word which will automatically become a link to an internal or external page every time the word appears in a document.

e107 (http://e107.org) has linkwords and tikiwiki (http://tikiwiki.org) has hotwords which do this globally. There is something similar in the XFArticle module, but obviously this only covers items within that module.

Whether this is easy or not to do I cannot say, but I would find it useful and perhaps others would do so, too.

Again, many thanks for all the fine work.

Best wishes.
John

tcnet
Re: Linkwords, Hotwords
  • 2006/8/16 14:22

• tcnet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/5/12

atomboy
  • 2006/8/16 16:02

• atomboy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/3 6

Thanks for the reply Tcnet.
However, I would suggest that the discussions at the thread you linked to are not quite the same.
These seem to refer to glossary terms and definitions and wiki style links.
The use of the linking methods which I described are somewhat different and possibly more useful to people than either of the above.
Many thanks.

tcnet
  • 2006/8/17 5:52

• tcnet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/5/12

Sorry, I should have provided a more detailed answer.

Xoops does not have a global keyword linking function.

Some modules News and XF Article will highlight keyword search terms but they do not create links.

AFAIK, Wordbook is the only module that even comes close to offering the feature you're requesting. Wordbook will automatically locate glossary terms and create links to their definitions. It could easily be modified to link to a URL reference instead of the definition. Unfortunately, Wordbook will only perform this function on its own entries.

If you're interested, I just published a hack that searches News articles for Wordbook terms and automatically creates links to the term's definition or URL reference. This hack could be modified to work with almost any content module.

Hope this helps.

Login

Who's Online

105 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 105

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits