e-u-l-o-g-y
PDDownloads doesn't work!!! (safe_mode = '1)

Hi!
I've just uploaded PDDownloads to my server just to realize that it doesn't work because safe_mode is set to '1' on my server. Isn't this a bit strange? I thought it was normal to use this setting on servers, and I can't change it. Does anyone know a way around this or at least know why it doesn't work with safe_mode on? Either a hack or a better solution - I was supposed to be finished with this page today .

PLEASE HELP

-Thomas

krobi
Re: PDDownloads doesn't work!!! (safe_mode = '1)
  • 2006/8/14 11:54

• krobi

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/12/21

what version of pd-downloads do you use and what things dont work?

pd-downloads works with safe-mode on, our server runs also with safe-mode on and it works without problem but you have to do some things manually.

so you have to set the permissions for the upload folders manually.
Developer of PD-Modules like PD-Downloads and PD-Links.
Webmaster of Power-Dreams.com

e-u-l-o-g-y

Hi!
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm sorry I didn't say which version.. was a bit stressed ..I'm using XOOPS 2.0.13.2 with PDDownloads 1.2. I have a database full of entries but they just don't show up - neither the categories nor the entries. Adding another category doesn't even add it to the database. Any suggestions?

This is the info I get in the main index:

Server Status
Information taken from PHP ini File:
# GD Library Support: Enabled (Thumbs Nails Available)
# GD Library Version: bundled (2.0.28 compatible)

# Safe Mode Status: ON (This May Cause Problems)
# Register Globals: OFF
# Server Uploads Status: ON
# Max Upload Size Permitted: 2M
# Max Post Size Permitted: 8M
# Max Time for running scripts: 30 s

Information about the upload-paths
Uploads will be stored in this folder: (...)/httpdocs/[dev2]/uploads/PDdownloads/ ( available )
Category Images will be stored in this folder: (...)/httpdocs/[dev2]/modules/PDdownloads/images/ ( available )
Screenshot Images will be stored in this folder: (...)/httpdocs/[dev2]/modules/PDdownloads/images/screenshots/ ( available )

krobi
  • 2006/8/14 15:04

• krobi

• Quite a regular

hm ok, you have set the permission for each categorie and download?

you have "old" downloads and category? and you have imported them?

do you get any php error message when you add a category? is there a possibilty to look at your site - so i could test it for myself to help you much faster and more effective.

e-u-l-o-g-y

First of all I'd like to thank you for your support and a great module!

I found the error... it was actually one "error" combined with me not paying attention while debugging. After retrying to set up the module a couple of times I forgot to set permissions like you said - thanks for that one. But that wasn't the original problem. It seems that the tables were stored in all lowercase on localhost - and they worked in lowercase (they were generated like this by the module installation procedure). When I imported the tables on the server it broke. Perhaps you should store all the tables in lowercase only to prevent this kind of behaviour?

Apart from this I have a suggestion. The category_path (viewcat.php line 192) variable is assigned a link with a predefined layout. Perhaps you should break it up to make it easier for custom design? I for one don't like the colon at the end of it, so I've had to hack it out. Being able to use the home and category links separate wold give better versatility.

Again - Thanks alot :)

krobi
  • 2006/8/14 16:55

• krobi

• Quite a regular

ok great that we could solve your problem together.

we will have soon a separate forum for all the things regarding our modules so we can handle such things much better than now.

i unterstand your sugestion and you can be sure we will do many things in the next version. and so we will try to prevent such things.

Login

Who's Online

157 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 157

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits