hawee
new site - any help
  • 2006/7/23 5:53

• hawee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/23

Hi
I'm starting a new site and was wondering if anyone wanted to help. Need help with xoop installation and design.

Looking for people that want to be part of the site and start a community. Let me know if you're intersted

hawee@hawee.com or aim haweedotcom

thanks

Djiman
Re: new site - any help
  • 2006/7/26 12:48

• Djiman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/26

Hi peoples,
please help a poor soul with no knowledge, in mysql..
I am trying to do a custom disclaimer page-- wrapped in that header+mainfile.hp and xoops-footer.
yes ! I can wrap the text in-between, the header footer as explained somewhere here, and that work great.(no i need no impressum-module, it is just onepage wrapped)

But please, I prefer to retrieve the text from the database and I don't have a clue how to-do that. ..getting down to books on a wednesday is not a good idea...

What would be that nice little code to request for the text of disclaimer to wrap in a custom php? I am dumb-in MySQL and would really have liked to do it this way rather than pasting the text in a php file.
... just wanna try something fancy. any help you have i would then consider you as ma best friend on this whole planet. If no help then i ain't be upset either..

XenMike
  • 2006/7/26 13:43

• XenMike

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/4 1

why not just use one of the articles modules or sections modules to create the page?

http://gyse.org <--- my site has an example of this, using the Sections Module to create a Terms Of Service etc and linking to them from the footer...

Djiman
  • 2006/7/26 19:03

• Djiman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/26

Oh great , thanks for the reply, it is a good option and you have a nice site.
But am getting old & gonna be very old soon, so no doc to pour in me head and that's why would prefer the other simple option if it was possible.
I will pop in tomorrow and check if any great looking guy or nice lady had mercy upon me.
I still have a vote to cast and decide which CMS is best , so guys and gals we make a deal!

Login

Who's Online

252 user(s) are online (179 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 252

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits