JS
Multiple Site under one site?
  • 2006/7/18 22:33

• JS

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/12/16

I have a question I was hoping someone here would be able to answer.

Our company would like to use XOOPS as our internal intranet site. However each department would like to have it's own area of the site so they can post information that pertains only to them. Is there a module out there that would allow me to do this easly? I know I can just create a bunch of XOOPS sites but then people would have to login to all the sites and I wouldn't hear the end of that.

Also is there a way to set XOOPS up so that it uses the credintals of the localy logged on user or uses the users AD account to access the site?

Thanks!
[img align=left]http://www.theood.com/modules/roster/sig.php?name=Talric [/img]

Quest
Re: Multiple Site under one site?
  • 2006/7/18 22:58

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Hi! And welcome. IMHO XOOPS is perfect for what you want to do. Easily however, is subjective to many variables. XOOPS is by far easier than others and has some of the best support and just good people who help where needed.

There are many modules in the repository and you can browse around it to see the various different possibilities or maybe even new ideas for your needs.

Module Repository

Here is a link to an intranet package with certain modules: It looks to be for version 2.2.x but it could give you an idea of some modules to research in the repository.

Intranet Package

I hope this helps.
Quest

tripmon
  • 2006/7/18 23:02

• tripmon

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/2/28

Short answer, nope.

I have not seen any Active Directory plugins which would allow you to use AD as a user dB. You may try and find / create a method to link your AD to LDAP and use the XOOPS LDAP authentication option (thinking AD=>LDAP would be easiest to find pre-existing).

Depending on your needs, you could try to use Duplicatable Modules (Pical, TinyD, etc) and assign unique group permissions to each duplicated install.

Aside from that, you can find a module that will bring any member of a specific group (at login) to a unique page based on their group (cant remember the name of it now). If you set up your groups by Dept you could show each group/Dept. unique content.

GL

Quest
  • 2006/7/19 2:03

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I'm glad Tripmon mentioned the AD. I forgot you had asked about it. Also, here is a link to a module like the one Tripmon was talking about.

TS-MyStartup

Quest

Login

Who's Online

340 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 340

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits