javier
Very extrange xoops problem, can´t enter in any module categorys, is not a permission problem.
  • 2006/7/9 22:50

• javier

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/8/6 1

Hi,
I use XOOPS since the first versions, im not a newbie, its not a permission problem, or installation problem and its not problem of my pc firewall.

The past days my hosting move one of my XOOPS sites to other server, since that movement, i can´t enter in:

xcgallery: it show the index fine, but not enter in CATEGORIES and load the index of xcgal again (without redirect msg)
and other times it show "category no exist"

mydownloads: the same thing, it show the index fine but can´t enter in categories.

myalbum: the same problem

newbb: show the index and the latest replys fine, but when you want enter in a message or in a forum it show "error: forum not selected"

The MySQL db and the ftp contents are fine, i already check that.

------
i thought can be a referer problem, them i try to make the same things in other of my XOOPS sites, and my other site work fine,
sincerely i not understand what can be the problem, the problematic site is online since 4 years ago and never had problems before.
Basicaly i CAN´T enter in any category o subcategory in ALL the modules, the problem is with all the modules.

Would be a server problem?
the site working fine its in a diferent server.

Bender
Re: Very extrange xoops problem, can´t enter in any module categorys, is not a permission problem.
  • 2006/7/10 0:46

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Hi Javier thats indeed odd.

I personally would first create a subdomain on that server and install a fresh XOOPS of that version and one or two of the mentioned modules there to see if it can be reproduced or if its limited to the copied site.

by the way mentioniong versions:

What Xoops, php, sql .... (the usual stuff) are you running on that server?

Is it MySQL 5.x? (double index problem mentioned some times in the past maybe?)
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

javier
Re: Very extrange xoops problem, can´t enter in any module categorys, is not a permission problem.
  • 2006/7/10 3:25

• javier

• Not too shy to talk

Hi Bender,
thanks alot for reply, i really appreciatte that.

I installed a fresh 2.0.13.2 and sincerely was a surprise.
This time i installed newbb and mydownloads modules, my surprise was: i can´t create category or enter in any admin option!

for example the admin menu of mydownloads is:

Downloads Configuration
- My Downloads General Settings
- Add, Modify, and Delete Categories/Files
- Downloads Waiting for Validation (0)
- Broken File Reports (0)
- Download Info Modification Requests (0)

i ONLY can enter in "My Downloads General Settings" , all the rest simply load the page and return at the start point (mydownloads admin index)

The same happened with newbb,
this is really strange, its the first time i see this in a XOOPS site, i never saw something like that here in the XOOPS official forums.

Server details:

System Linux
Apache/2.0.54 (Fedora)
mysql 4.1.16
PHP Version 5.0.4

phpdebug is fine in admin and mydownloads.

phpdebug show:
Quote:
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: HTTP_SERVER_VARS in file modules/newbb/config.php line 44

In newbb public index.

and
Quote:
Downloads
Add/Edit Downloads
Submitted Downloads
Broken Downloads
Modified Downloads
Preferences

[Close]

Version: 1.1
Description: Creates a downloads section where users can download/submit/rate various files.
Forum
Add Forum
Edit Forum
Edit Priv. Forum
Sync forums/topics
Add Category
Edit Category
Delete Category
Re-order Category
Preferences

[Close]

Version: 1
Description: Forums module for XOOPS
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: HTTP_SERVER_VARS in file modules/newbb/config.php line 44
Warning [PHP]: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file modules/newbb/admin/admin_forums.php line 29
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: mode in file modules/newbb/admin/admin_forums.php line 33

when i tried to enter in any of the newbb admin options.

xcgallery admin index php debug show:
Quote:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: HTTP_POST_VARS in file modules/xcgal/include/init.inc.php line 49
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: HTTP_GET_VARS in file modules/xcgal/include/init.inc.php line 57
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: HTTP_COOKIE_VARS in file modules/xcgal/include/init.inc.php line 64
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: HTTP_SERVER_VARS in file modules/xcgal/include/init.inc.php line 73

best regards
javier

javier
  • 2006/7/10 3:51

• javier

• Not too shy to talk

I think i found my problem:

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=341

the server where i have this site has PHP Version 5.0.4, that + the phpdebug results can be the evidence.

But in these faq say:

Quote:
The XOOPS core uses the updated way using short parameter arrays ($_GET and $_POST etc.) since 2.0.9

mydownloads is part of the XOOPS core? i mean is part of the official package, can be considered core? because i have problems with mydownloads too.

I will contact my hosting company and see what happen.

best regards
javier

pd: excuse my poor english.

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits