jcbaber
CBB Giving Unprocessed Characters
  • 2006/7/1 0:59

• jcbaber

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/24

Hi,

I am running XOOPS 2.0.14-rc1 with PHP 5.1.4 and MySQL 5.0.22-community-nt and am having no sucess getting CBB working. The latest version (3.04) seems to be installed correctly but whenever I attempt to go to the forums (currently the initial test forum but I have also tried others) all I get is:

Quote:

Welcome to XOOPS Test Site - Test Name.
1 | 1

The time now is 2006/7/1 2:10
You last visited: 2006/6/29 19:30:33

Category Test

" alt="" /> =
" alt="" /> =
=
[ ]

Followed by the Notification options.

Looking at the debug output it initially says no errors but down in the queries (in red) there is:

Quote:

SELECT read_item,post_id,read_id FROM xoops_bb_reads_forum WHERE (uid = '1' AND read_item IN ()) ORDER BY read_id DESC
Error number: 1064
Error message: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')) ORDER BY read_id DESC' at line 1

Unfortunately I know little about SQL and less about PHP at the moment. Can anyone help me fix this since I would really rather use CBB to a different forum module.

Cheers,

JCB

jensclas
Re: CBB Giving Unprocessed Characters

Quote:
I am running XOOPS 2.0.14-rc1

I have no ideas about the erors but try the final version of 2.0.14...

Bender
  • 2006/7/2 1:55

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

I just installed Xampp with

PHP Version: 5.1.4
MySQL Version: 5.0.21-community

Could not reproduce the issue.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

jcbaber
  • 2006/7/2 4:42

• jcbaber

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/24

Thanks for checking this. I must have got the RC1 version by a couple of days and never noticed the final release.

I have downloaded it now and will try a clean installation in the week (I am currently out of town). I will report back when I know if that was the problem but thanks for the help!

JCB

ukandrewf
  • 2006/7/7 22:07

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/2

I'm having exactly the same problem!!!

I have posted it on the forums here
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=51197&forum=28&post_id=226113#forumpost226113

and at cbb forumhttp://xoopsforge.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=837&forum=7.

I have xampp test servers setup too and can't recreate locally - everything works smoothly.

Here's where I got to...

Upgraded my existing default XOOPS newbb version1 install to newbb 2.0.2 as suggested I get the same thing as the pic below when trying to upgrade to 3.0.4.

To get the forum back all I had to do was reupload the newbb1 files and update and it all works fine again.

I just don't get what's wrong.

[also is there anyway to default which veiw of forums is defualt - from the beginning for example rather than last 100 days]

the history...

Live server stats
-----------------
Xoops 2.0.14
PHP 4.4.1.0
SQL 4.1.1.1

Test Server stats
-----------------
Xoops 2.0.14 (exact copy)
PHP 5.1.4

I have two local host test servers using xampp with copies of my live site. Both upgraded from XOOPS newbb to cbb3.04 really easily. AND several times again and again it works perfectly.

Then when I upgraded to the live server as above the module loads but with no data - no posts, threads etc etc.

At first I thought maybe the difference between php versions might cause a problem but then I downgraded the php xampp servers to php 4.4.2 (not exactly the same but close). But I'm still getting errors upgrading the live server.

Resized Image

Under services there should be a number of forums instead I'm seeing 'alt=""' etc.

Clearly something is wrong.

thanks

Andrew

Bender
  • 2006/7/7 22:33

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Do you use custom templates?
Did you try regenerating them?
Did you clean templates_c afterwards?

Does the same thing happen if you install another XOOPS (in a different directory/subdomain) on your live server and do a fresh install of cbb 3.04?
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

ukandrewf
  • 2006/7/7 22:39

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

Do you use custom templates?
- yes

Did you try regenerating them?
- how do i regenerate them? I updated system module. And remember that the theme works fine with the module on the test servers.

Did you clean templates_c afterwards?
- how do i clean templates_c?

Does the same thing happen if you install another XOOPS (in a different directory/subdomain) on your live server and do a fresh install of cbb 3.04?

haven't tried this same site just installed to a subdirectory using same live database?

ukandrewf
  • 2006/7/7 22:59

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

SOLVED - SOLVED - SOLVED

Thanks bender. :)

After installing and getting the alt="" error we just have to go to:-

Preferences Main »» General Settings

Check templates for modifications ?

If this option is enabled, modified templates will be automatically recompiled when they are displayed. You must turn this option off on a production site.

Turn ON load site then turn off and all works perfectly.

Thanks Again.

Andrew

leostotch
  • 2006/7/7 23:13

• leostotch

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/1 1

Well this option should not be used on a live site (it slows everything down), so now that your problem is solved you should turn it off again .

What bender meant is: there is a folder named "template_c" inside XOOPS... you should have deleted its content (all the php files in it, but not the index.html one).

But the result would have been the same: emptying the folder content forces templates to be recompiled once, while the admin option forces Smarty to check if this needs to be done everytime you display a page (which is slow).

Login

Who's Online

239 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 239

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits