probatus
After Install No Admin Menu / cannot login.
  • 2006/6/8 18:32

• probatus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/14

When we install XOOPS 2.0.14 or 2.2.3 we cannot login. We created the database install everything all good with no errors. We create an admin account and finish the install and get the "main" page with the login menu. We login with the username and password we created, we see a screen "Thank you for logging in... if this page does not redirect in 3 seconds..." and we are redirected back to the main page. The menu displays the area for logging into the site again and we do not have any other options. It does not recognized that we are logged in. We have tried the same package on another server and they both install fine. We follow the same procedure on each and one works the other does not. We are using the same version of php and MySQL on each server and still only works on one server.

We also receive several "notices". Not sure if these are incidental or critical.

Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file include/common.php line 215
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/config.php line 239
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/config.php line 239
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/groupperm.php line 229
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/blockinstance.php line 169
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/blockinstance.php line 111
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php line 151
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/groupperm.php line 229
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php line 154
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php line 159
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php line 159

jensclas
Re: After Install No Admin Menu / cannot login.

There is something not quite right if you are stuck in a sign in loop - there are several helpful resources - FAQ, Search and the XOOPS Documentation. Check the installation documentation first to see if you missed something, then check the FAQ - failing that do the search. This problem has been answered here before. HTH
Cheers

Zaaka
  • 2006/6/28 9:38

• Zaaka

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/13

I have the same problem in 2.14 using php5 and latest mysql, everything installed fine, but my loop wont go to the homepage, it just keeps loopint to the redirect in 3 seconds page. I cant seem to see the problem, can any one help

phillipd
  • 2006/6/28 16:15

• phillipd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/4/20

Quote:

Zaaka wrote:
I have the same problem in 2.14 using php5 and latest mysql, everything installed fine, but my loop wont go to the homepage, it just keeps loopint to the redirect in 3 seconds page. I cant seem to see the problem, can any one help

Downgrade to PHP V4. It worked for me.

Here is an article on installing php4 on fc4:http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-php4-fc4.html

I haven't figured out as of yet why V5 doesn't work.

Doug P

jensclas

careful...I believe PHP 5 should work fine:

Quote:
XOOPS completely works with PHP5, I personally develop using PHP 5.2-dev (now, it depends on the modules you use: it may not be the case for all).

skalpa.>

From this thread

jensclas

Check your mainfile.php see this FAQ.

Taking you back to where you were loop; FAQ here

phillipd
  • 2006/6/29 15:58

• phillipd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/4/20

I'm not an expert but I've tried on three different distros to install XOOPS 2.x, from a fresh install, with php5 and none worked of them worked. Down grading PHP to 4.x made them all work. I'm not saying you can't make them work with PHP5 but the problem isn't in mainfile.php if just downgrading to php4 makes it work. I want to find the problem with V5 but at this point I just need XOOPS to work with no muss, no fuss and php4 does that. Thanks for pointing us to the FAQ though. When you installed initially, did XOOPS work with php5? Or did you have to troubleshoot something to make it work. Nowadays, I just want stuff to work, I'm tired of futzing with things, trying this and that. This stuff should just work or a work around should be documented. That work around as far as I'm concerned is PHP4.

JMHO

Regards

Doug P

Login

Who's Online

148 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 148

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits