adwin
Re: All pages blank after installation
  • 2006/6/24 2:59

• adwin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/27

here is your problem:
Quote:

Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "xoops2-thm_4whitebusiness/theme.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084

It could be your themes is corrupt or is not exist. Try to copy your themes (white4business) again in /themes/ directory.

Good luck :)
www.adwin.org

jensclas

Given this info above make sure you install the theme correctly too. Try this tutorial HTH

phillipd
Re: All pages blank after installation - I followed link above to get debugging switched on and.....
  • 2006/6/28 16:25

• phillipd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/4/20

Back off to PHP 4. Version 5 doesn't seem to work for some reason with Xoops.

Doug P

m0nty
  • 2006/6/28 16:31

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

for smarty errors, the likely candidate is templates_c not being writable.

Catzwolf
Re: All pages blank after installation - I followed link above to get debugging switched on and.....
  • 2006/6/28 16:51

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Xoops works with PHP5 with no problems what so ever. These are nothing more than PHP notices due to an upgrade in PHP5.

Example:

You cannot use:

return (isset($var) ? 1: 0;

You are required to use

$ret = (isset($var) ? 1: 0;
return $ret;

Its a lame example, but it serves the point. And most of the error you see are caused by this. So, to answer your point, no need to return to PHP4 at all.

To me smarty cannot find the file in question:
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "xoops2-thm_4whitebusiness/theme.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084

Make sure that file exists your theme directory. Re-upload the theme and try again.

ATB

John

skalpa
  • 2006/6/28 17:13

• skalpa

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/16

Quote:
Back off to PHP 4. Version 5 doesn't seem to work for some reason with Xoops.

XOOPS completely works with PHP5, I personally develop using PHP 5.2-dev (now, it depends on the modules you use: it may not be the case for all).
The notices by themeselves do not mean anything doesn't work, nevertheless, upgrading to 2.0.14 will make them disappear.

The message you got just means your theme is not correctly installed: maybe you installed the theme incorrectly or renamed its folder (some themes do not allow you to do this).

skalpa.>
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, and more complex. It takes a touch of genius, a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the 1st one (A.Einstein)

Lance_
  • 2006/6/28 18:04

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

Quote:

adwin wrote:
here is your problem:
Quote:

It could be your themes is corrupt or is not exist. Try to copy your themes (white4business) again in /themes/ directory.

Good luck :)

By the following, I am positive that the theme folder was not uploaded correctly.

The zip is named xoops2-thm_4whitebusiness, once unzipped will give you a folder "4whitebusiness", only this folder needs to be uploaded to your themes folder.

In essence, I think the case now is

/themes/xoops2-thm_4whitebusiness/4whitebusiness/theme.html
where it should be
/themes/4whitebusiness/theme.html

I'll put my hand in fi...water that that's the problem.

Cheers.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

Login

Who's Online

254 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 254

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits