solo71
Re: Error: Selected module does not exist!
  • 2006/6/24 10:20

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

Maybe it does come from your database ? Some table could be corrupted. Have you checked?

jensclas

With all that has been said try these FAQ's
Login without admin icon
Whay am I denied access after login
denied webmaster rightss

With Solo's clue try these FAQs
Why do I have 'Module file not found' message in admin/modules?

Quote:
2. Manually Debugging from the XOOPS database

If you can’t access your site admin, you may need access to your mySQL database using the phpadmin tool to connect your XOOPS database. The table we need to find is called “xoops_config”. Select this table and then click on “browse”. In this table there is a field named conf_name and one of the rows is called “debug_mode”. Change the number of the “conf_value” to”1”. (for phpdebug)

Debug choices available: 0= Off? 1= PHP Debug (normally this one for functional faults and blank pages) 2= MySQL/Blocks Debug 3= Smarty Templates Debug

If you have CPanel you can detect and repeair your database, and use 'Mysql' to get into you data base and check it for errors.

Hope something here helps

snow77
  • 2006/6/24 20:30

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

Error: Selected module does not exist! - Sometimes happens when you install a module and then for some reason you delete it from the modules folder without uninstalling it first from the admin panel. Or the URL in a custom menu is written wrong. Or the modules files did not upload completely.

If when trying to login you are redirected to this error it could be because you had set this now unexisting module as default module for your startpage in admin > preferences > general settings.

When this happens one way to login...in a tricky way, is to: 1)press USER LOGIN in the login form once without putting anything in the form, you will get a page that says Incorrect Login, and then the login form will show again in the center 2) enter your admin access 3) you should now get redirected to your View Account page.

- that is just a strange sort of way of getting logged in and not be redirected to your homepage but to your user account page. Maybe this way it can let you in.

If you're able to get in this way you would have to check what's happening to the module and see what it is you have set to be as your default homepage.

[edit] I forget this: since you disabled all blocks then after getting in just type in the url directly to admin (ex.http://localhost/xoops/admin.php)
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

mfrankena
  • 2006/6/24 21:09

• mfrankena

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/26

Quote:

snow77 wrote:
Error: Selected module does not exist! - Sometimes happens when you install a module and then for some reason you delete it from the modules folder without uninstalling it first from the admin panel. Or the URL in a custom menu is written wrong. Or the modules files did not upload completely.

If when trying to login you are redirected to this error it could be because you had set this now unexisting module as default module for your startpage in admin > preferences > general settings.

When this happens one way to login...in a tricky way, is to: 1)press USER LOGIN in the login form once without putting anything in the form, you will get a page that says Incorrect Login, and then the login form will show again in the center 2) enter your admin access 3) you should now get redirected to your View Account page.

- that is just a strange sort of way of getting logged in and not be redirected to your homepage but to your user account page. Maybe this way it can let you in.

If you're able to get in this way you would have to check what's happening to the module and see what it is you have set to be as your default homepage.

[edit] I forget this: since you disabled all blocks then after getting in just type in the url directly to admin (ex.http://localhost/xoops/admin.php)

Thnx, both not working, i tried everything allready to get in. I activated the login block form the db, that worked and now tried your tip, but stil the index page statys the same with that error in it.

snow77
  • 2006/6/24 21:15

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

what module have you setup as your startpage?

the problem will stay until you reupload (or fix) the disappeared module and check how it appears in the module administration panel.
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

snow77
  • 2006/6/24 21:22

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

I looked at your site. I know this is not cool but it's kind of messed up; specially the system module it seems to be. login doesn't work, register, remember password. You can start by reuploading the whole system folder and making sure it has right permissions, maybe even reuploading all the core files excpet mainfile.php , deleteing all files in templates-c, and make sure you did not previously uninstall the system module, that's something you never do.
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

mfrankena
  • 2006/6/24 21:35

• mfrankena

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/26

Tried everything as mentioned above, some of them allready before your postings, but still can't log in.
Even uploaded all modules from my computer back onto the server, no change.

snow77
  • 2006/6/24 21:59

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

I don't know exactly what's happening. I can just suspect that it's the system module that's failing and is uninstalled. If it were this I would try to make sure it's activated and installed... I have no idea how you can reinstall system without having access to admin or going through the whole install process again.

Maybe making a full structure+content database backup of the modules your using, except the system module which seems crazy, dumping the database, doing the reinstall of xoops, putting in your mainfile with the correct details, and restoring the backup of the modules your using.

This would be a rather more complicated process which should be done with much care. Don't pay me much attention... this is just an experimental solution and if not done correctly very risky to lose information you already had.
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

rowdie
  • 2006/6/25 4:59

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

You could try to set debug mode to MySQL/blocks debug (conf_value = 2) to find out which module it is trying to load, or if there are other sql statements which are failing (take note of any sql statements in red).

Catzwolf
  • 2006/6/25 6:51

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Ok from what I have read here is the following:

You login, as soon as you do, you are back at the homepage and you are no longer logged in.

You get 'thank you for logging in' page and all seems normal till you try do something else.

This sounds like that you have a corrupt database, the tables are stored on your servers harddisk and it could be that you may need to repair these before you can use your database properly again.

Does your hosting provide a CPanel of sometype that will allow you access to you database? (Normally phpmyadmin). If they do? Then I suggest you go and try and repair them, if your hosting does not allow you access via this method, then I suggest that you contact them and ask them to check the tables for you.

Let us know if this fixes your issue, if not come back and we will try and help you further k.

ATB

John

Login

Who's Online

117 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 117

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits