GamesHQ
Total Newbie. How do I insert a New Page.
  • 2006/6/17 23:34

• GamesHQ

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/17

This is our website:

http://gameshq.com.au/gamers-community/

How do I insert a completely new page into it.
I just want the page to look like all of the others, with the same banner at the top but I want be able to create the content.
I also want to be able to link to it from the home page.

Anthony.

skenow
Re: Total Newbie. How do I insert a New Page.
  • 2006/6/18 3:39

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

All of XOOPS is built around a consistant layout - by adding modules, you decide what is displayed on your site, which you probably already know. If I understand your question, you want a module where you can design the page, much like an HTML editor. If that is correct, then you are looking for a content module like Wiwimod, WF-Sections, or MediaWiki.

jensclas

As a 'total newbie' i'd recomend you go to the Documentation link on the left and get the XOOPS operations guide. This will assist you immensly. There are also useful links to tutorials and other important resources in FAQ and in the find help docs here link below.

prophecy100

Not sure if this is the correct answer but as a quick fix I have sometimes used the following code where I did not want to use C-Jay or something similar.

Simply create a blank text file and paste in the following code. Put your html in the middle and save it as whatever.php.

Make sure you adjust the ../../mainfile.php dependant on the location of your page.

<?php
include("../../mainfile.php");
include("../../header.php");
include("header.php");
OpenTable();
?>

insert HTML here....

<?
CloseTable();
include ("../../footer.php");
?>

Jonathan

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits