ThePlague
Cannot Create New Users
  • 2006/5/17 14:03

• ThePlague

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/27

Everytime I attempt to register a new user or some one attempts to register this is the message they get.

Could not register new user.

The site has been running for about a year now and I have not had this happen before.

I am running XOOPS 2.2.3 and the back end databases have not changed either. Anyone have any suggestions? I would be glad to hear them.

Thanks.

Plague

jensclas
Re: Cannot Create New Users

Lots of people running 2.2.3 have upgraded to 2.2.4

Other than that ask questions - has your server updated MySQL or apache versions? What alse might have changed???

ThePlague
  • 2006/5/19 22:27

• ThePlague

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/27

As far as I can tell nothing has changed on the host side. MySql and Apache and PHP are all the same version as when I started this project.

I can still post, but new user registrations are not working. I will perform the upgrade to 2.2.4 but I am not sure that will resolve the issue.

Please let me know where to look, and I will probe around for answers.

thanks

ThePlague

Chappy
  • 2006/5/20 5:31

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

Where in the registration process are things breaking down? That might give a point at which to begin looking. I'm guessing from what you wrote that it is possible to fill out the registration form completely? Have you gone to Admin|Preferences|User Info Settings, and is it set to allow user registration?

The other day, after I downgraded my site from 2.2.4 to 2.0.13.2, a user wrote me to say he couldn't register. It turned out that the username field, for whatever reason, was set to only allow 0 spaces for the username. So, it wouldn't allow users to enter a username and thus they were not able to register. The point is that I had forgotten about the user settings area of preferences. For you, as well?
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

kjk786
  • 2006/5/20 12:46

• kjk786

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/26

Quote:

Chappy wrote:
The other day, after I downgraded my site from 2.2.4 to 2.0.13.2,

How you downgraded from 2.2.4 tp 2.0.13.2 ??
www.roo.no
Free Advertising

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits