jimbofoxman
Need Module(s) suggestion for a work website.......

I'm spinning my wheels here on what to use for my companies website for their product pages.

I need something that could be categorized by product areas (Bird Food, Grass Seed, Fertilizer, Fencing, etc). Something we could put a description into (could be a couple paragraphs worth) and some photos.

My first thought was to use something like SmartSection and MyAlbum. Write the articles in Smartsection and provide a link to the galleries for that product range. Via image links I could put some pictures into the article as well. Then do something like "FOR MORE PHOTOS, VISIT OUR GALLERY" and a link.

This really needs to be something everyone can use, from a computer junky like me to a novice computer user (who would be familiar with how things like MS Word work).

We don't really plan on selling anything off of this site, just more of a place to find info. So I don't know if ZenCart of something like that would work either.

Any suggestions? Boss is eager to get this project wrapped up.

THANKS

jensclas
Re: Need Module(s) suggestion for a work website.......

Sounds to me like you are on the money with smart section - you can use image manager to add the photos without linking to albums, you can also upload files like OH and S 'material safety data sheets' or risk management tables as additional info on a product. It has good support at smart fatory as well. I come from a wysiwyg background and really like the interface - so it should be easy for users to use. Check here for some articles using this module (when it was wf section - I haven;t updated) if you join and go for a free pattern you will see how I have used a pdf download as part of an article.

HTH

Login

Who's Online

481 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 481

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits