tedsmith
Linux equivalent to Absolute HTML Compressor?
  • 2006/5/15 10:23

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I sometimes have to use a HTML Compressor (I used to use 'Absolute HTML Compressor' in Windows) to ensure any HTML pages I write are rendered properly - sometimes they go all funny if not compressed.

I can't seem to find a Linux equivalent though. Does anyone know if such a utility exists for Linux, especially for Ubuntu?

Cheers

Ted

Bassman
Re: Linux equivalent to Absolute HTML Compressor?
  • 2006/5/15 11:21

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

like this?

tedsmith
  • 2006/5/15 12:09

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

That looks like a goer. I'll try that tonight. Any other ideas also welcomed just in case I need them. Also, someone on the UbuntuForums web site has suggested Bluefish.

Cheers

Ted

bluenova

I have bluefish on my home deskop (Ubuntu) but I don't think it has any kind of compressor (I'm at work now), it's just an advanced html editor like a glorified notepad. But I'll have a look when I get home, as I'm sure options are out there.

bluenova

p.s. Have you tried searching in synaptic?

tedsmith
  • 2006/5/21 13:16

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Thanks for your replies.

To confirm, Bluefish does not compress. It's a great editor though. I have installed it, along with NVU on my Ubuntu Linux set up. Wicked.

Interestingly though, I realised what the problem was. All this time I've been messing about by exporting my xls as a CSV file, then importing it as 'tabular data' into Dreamweaver, then saving as HTML, compressing with Absolute Compressor, then re-opening in Dreamweaver, copying and pasting the compressed HTML into XOOPS (WF-Channel to be precise) anbd saving.

Amusingly, all I actually had to do was copy and paste from the XLS into NVU Editor, copy and paste the code into WF-Channel, and untick the 'Disable XOOPS Page Breaks - Recommended if HTML tags enabled'!! That was all I had to do to get it to render properly! For about a year I've been doing as stated above, and all I had to do was untick that little box! Funny really.

I hope this will help others who may have the same problems.

Cheers

Ted

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits