tognola
Help please with degrading version
  • 2006/5/12 21:04

• tognola

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/3 1

Hi, I posted this in begeiners corner but maybe its not begeiners question,so I apologize; no intension to spam my question.

Hi all, I have a problem and I envision 3 solutions.

I developed a site in XOOPS 2.2 modifying CSS, theme, Javascript, modified templates etc (a lot of work).

Turns out that my client really wants a form and a cms to output data to an Excell sheet, and as far as I knew only formulaire for XOOPS version 2.13 does the trick which is incompatible with 2.2.

At this point I dont know what is going to take more time/effort for me since I'm only a begeinner in php &mysql. Could someone teel me which of the following options will be less of a nightmare?

1.- Redeveloping the site in version 2.13 ( fear I wont have time )

2.- Learning a weekend crash course of MySQL php to develop the module myself ( I fear it'll take more than that )

3.- Show the way to my client through PhpMyAdmin to target the table and export to excell ( I frear he'll make a mess if he ever gets in there ).

Please, what should I do?

jensclas
Re: Help please with degrading version

Tognola - Please do not double post. See our Xopsiquette. However thankyou for acknowledging this. I locked your post in beginners corner so we didn;t have 2 threads on the same topic.

May I also ask for your patience. You will not gat an answer that will necessarily help you in the space of a few hours. In fact it may take days for someone to have the time to offer you some advice.

In the mean time use search and see what experiences other have had with downgrading. Chances are there is already plenty of advice here.

Sorry - I don't have the expertise to offer specific suggestions to you - but I think you are answering your own questions with your judgement of how much time you have.

Cheers

tognola
  • 2006/5/12 21:24

• tognola

• Just popping in

ok

stefan88
  • 2006/5/12 21:47

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

maybe if you go for 2 you could find some usefull classes at www.phpclasses.org (just do a search for "excel")

Maybe you can use a stand alone script to do the job temporary. But in that case you will lose the control of group access and so on.

Sorry I can't help more ...

tognola
  • 2006/5/13 9:54

• tognola

• Just popping in

great, I'll look there, a MySQL friend told me to do something like that, thanks a lot

rowdie
  • 2006/5/13 10:25

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

I don't get it...

... you modified the theme and templates, why not install a new XOOPS 2.0.13.2 test site and use your new theme and templates?

You shouldn't need to change much at all, if anything, so I don't understand your question...

damaster
  • 2006/5/13 10:31

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

Hi Tognola,

Quote:

Download sections reports that:

[NOT RECOMMENDED] XOOPS 2.2 Full Versions

[fr]
La prochaine fois, il faut penser avant d'agir
Si tu n'as pas de contenu, il est facile de retourner
en 2.0.13.2 et adapter le theme. Autrement cherche le
script pour revenir de 2.2 à 2.0.13.2

CH-GVA 1217
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

tognola
  • 2006/5/13 10:49

• tognola

• Just popping in

Quote:

rowdie wrote:
I don't get it...

... you modified the theme and templates, why not install a new XOOPS 2.0.13.2 test site and use your new theme and templates?

You shouldn't need to change much at all, if anything, so I don't understand your question...

Yes, I modified (hard coded) the default theme, administration sections included with javascript, lots of css,etc... I know, it is a solution I Im considering, I just wondered if theres a faster easier way, ( like a degrade your them.exe ), just to begin , the admin part will be gonne, but it is indeed the solution I was geting started with.
Thanks

tognola
  • 2006/5/13 10:52

• tognola

• Just popping in

Quote:

Damaster wrote:
Hi Tognola,

Quote:

Download sections reports that:

[NOT RECOMMENDED] XOOPS 2.2 Full Versions

[fr]
La prochaine fois, il faut penser avant d'agir
Si tu n'as pas de contenu, il est facile de retourner
en 2.0.13.2 et adapter le theme. Autrement cherche le
script pour revenir de 2.2 à 2.0.13.2

CH-GVA 1217

Yeap, thats the problem, its an addition asked by client that took me by surprise Ill look for the script, thanks all for support
Oui, cest ça le problem, cete un changent davis du clien dernier minute.je vais chercher le script, j'espere le trouver. Merci

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits