Orion74
Logo Contest- $75.00
  • 2006/5/6 21:17

• Orion74

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/6 2

Hey all!

Well our little website has been using XOOPS for quite some time now. We've gone through lots of changes and more to come.

We have been slowly working on a new theme. We just implemented a new menu, but its
a little buggy..

Our volunteer run site promotes the non-profit theatre arts in our city. We work our butts off to bring artists together and promote their work.

We are ready for an overhaul. we need logo help! So we are having a logo CONTEST.

Please swing by our site and if you are interested please send us something. We can pay only $75.00 for the exclusive use of the logo, which we prefer in vector format but will consider all.

Logo Contest
75.00 dollars to the winner
for more details visit
theatreport.com and click on the contact us link.

We basically want to upgrade our site, as we have yet to actually publicize the site to the general public. To get more people active in our performing arts.

It all starts with the logo, we got some theme developers working on a nice theme which we will be more than happy to release when its done (its not up yet) just the test menu.

Help us promote the arts!
Contact any one via the contact us form on the theatreport site if you are interested.

Thanks so much We look forward to participating more in XOOPS again.

WE do it for the love and the good spirit that XOOPS has accustomed us too.

$75.00 bucks to the winner(I know its not much, but hey that’s like 6 months of google ads! LOL)

You will of course get a permanent link in our business directory, and lots of shout outs and praise on our site if your logo gets chosen ( we will definitely give you at least a shout out if you submit one!)

Thanks for your consideration, and we look forward to your participation!

Payment is via paypal and assumes -complete ownership of logo- to us upon payment. You must be a verified paypal member or able to accept paypal payments to receive prize.

BTW: Anyone wanting to verify our membership here at XOOPS Our usual log-in is dobephat- the primary user of the account is unavailable at the moment but we need to get the word out. I’m with our outreach team.

-cheers!
TY

Color Scheme:
Resized Image

For samples of previous logos visit:
Here

Someone may be coming on to add more info to this thread tonight if necessary but please try contacting us we don't want to incessantly bump this post. Thanks!

zeroram
Re: Logo Contest- $75.00
  • 2006/5/6 23:22

• zeroram

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/6/30

i think the money price is good... and also sound a fun way to play around with a TP logo

let see what i came up :)

hyperpod
  • 2006/5/7 3:24

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/4

Quote:

Orion74 wrote:

Logo Contest
75.00 dollars to the winner
for more details visit
theatreport.com and click on the contact us link.

We basically want to upgrade our site, as we have yet to actually publicize the site to the general public. To get more people active in our performing arts.

Color Scheme:
Resized Image

It is so nice to see things like this happening!

Best regards,

_Dan
Daniel Hall / XOOPS Module Development & Theme Design
Free XOOPS Support > My Wish List

DobePhat
  • 2006/5/7 17:21

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

Hi folks!

Thanks, yes XOOPS and the XOOPS community have been an inspiration from day 1. The general spirit, the exchange of ideas and passionate exchange of thought. We are gearing up for a re-launch, we've been using XOOPS for 3 years!

We thought we'd combine our passion for the performing arts
and utilize the great resource that XOOPS is. And we are always continually learning.

--Anyhow
Just wanted to add a bit more info. about the Theatre Port
logo contest.

I wanna say (though not set in stone) we are looking for something that is slick, smooth and cool. Ok yes, that’s very subjective isn’t it?
ie: Goin to the theatre is not a "stuffy" thing we want to promote it as the thing to do, I dunno; as dorked as this may sound, that it's cool, hip, fun etc to attend the theatre, and we support a lot of fringe theatre companies in town as well.

The logo need only contain TP (but please no toilet paper rolls! ) We can always spell out theatre port.Or you can have any variation you choose, with site name which actually is Theatreport. Or just have an image, we can always write right next to it..

As for a slogan, we dont really have one (that we could ever decide on) so dont worry about that.

Ok, I've dorked out enough, please if you have any questions feel free to contact us, all contact info can be found on our site, we have a thread going and there is a graphic on the front page you can click on to get there.

If you want to learn more about our site: just click on the port info link.

Thanks
Have a good day!
-yet another port volunteer

Will_H
  • 2006/5/7 20:10

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

I will take part in this

My entry was inspired by "All the world is a stage". I spent many years in technical theatrics. So I had to incorporate a couple Lekos

Resized Image

I will send it to you, just wanted to post it here for date of entry, and original artist purposes.

**Additions**

Resized Image

gestroud
  • 2006/5/7 22:07

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Some would call it a Comedy of Errors.

Will_H
  • 2006/5/8 1:13

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

oh yeah the globe ripped, how bout that..

Orion74
  • 2006/5/8 16:02

• Orion74

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/6 2

Just an FYI-
For those apprehensive about their custom desinged image .
Feel free to put a transparent watermark on the logo if you wish until to see if its chosen. (but please still have the image legible) Some of our entries have this and if makes you feel more confident then please do so.

We have twenty submissions so far since we first posted this contest on our site a few weeks ago. And about 5 new entries via this announcement (with multiple submissions, which are also welcome). Thank you so much for your supPort!

Also when submitting, include a url you want associated with your design, as we will give a nice shout out to all those who submitted. Thanks! Deadline is May 16th.

Thanks again!
-Cheers

DobePhat
  • 2006/5/16 15:09

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

FYI- we will still be accepting submissions at editor at theatreport dot com
until tommorrow morning.

On site, annonymous, polling (entries will be numbered until results) will go on for about a week, ultimately the site moderators will decide on the winner, however.

If you have a surge of font creativity etc. send em our way. also include a web link you'd like referred to for the shout out article to follow a week later!

(all entries will be mentioned in an forthcoming theatreport article along with a web link if desired.)

thanks so much!

DobePhat
Re: Logo Contest-
  • 2006/5/26 13:15

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

Hi,sorry to bump an old topic but just wanted to let you know we finally got the polling up! Please swing by and cast yor vote for the logo you think works best.

Even though the ultimate decison will be made by our site moderators we wanted to let you know that the polling is up for our logo contest and would love some feedback by way of polling.

THANK YOU all for participatingby way of submitting or polling. And, be sure to click on the contact us link on our site and send us the url and name you might want associated with your submission, as we will be writing up a thank you article in about a week and a half!

(you dont need to log in to vote)
temp polling page

Note: we identified by number to keep it fair among our members. But again, click on cantact us and submit your url and name or username youd like in our future shout out article.

We are thinking about a week and a half before the article and winning announcement are made. Then we begin work on our new theme.

thanks again!

Login

Who's Online

213 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 213

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits