nickthrolson
Re: check my site out

critique my websites www.throlsonhackers.com and www.trendspaces.com thanks

jensclas

Hello
Your 'Throlson Hackers' looks ok in layout if people want to see lots of ads - unfortunately I don't. You have also made it necessary to login to view other parts of your site and I don't want to do this or have the time to press on links to redirect pages - you should have something available for non registered users - otherwise the only advantage going there is to see ads. I am not surprised you have had no comments - there is little to comment on when we can't get in without creating an account.

Your trendspaces is not a XOOPS site and therefore gets none of my time.

Cheers

Will_H
  • 2006/5/2 21:17

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

LMAO

CouchMonkey

LOL, the best is the contact us button. Click it, then click on the "Best sites" button. I dare you.

nickthrolson

what is so cool about the contact us button

CouchMonkey

No offence or anything, but the entire site is filled with ads. There doesnt seem to be any content.

The contact us button leads to more ads, even those that are disguised as content.

nickthrolson

im working on fixing that im trying to find a better theme for my site

jensclas

Changing the theme won't make any difference to your lack of accessible useful content.

Will_H
  • 2006/5/5 22:14

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Come on guys take it easy on him.

Listen Man, Its easy to get roped into popups and ads... Not that there is anything wrong with monetizing your domain, infact I am sure we would all love to do that

Here is where you may be going wrong. Content, by which I mean; articles, resources, commentaries, biographies, or any relevant media source that your users will come (and stay) for.

Your excessive ad use will not do anything benefial for your traffic statistics. Google and any other crawler will not "see" your domain as relevant.

If you want to create an enviroment for users to meet and great, then write articles about your users. Take the time to do interviews and post biographies on the main page. Install the blog module and let your users write content for you. People are suckers for diaries.

Its cool that you have taken an interest in XOOPS and I hope you stick with it. Give it time you will find your path.

cheers.

PrezKennedy

Hello,

I don't see anything notable at either of your sites. While the design may be ok, the fact that both are incredibly cluttered with pointless ads insures that I won't ever be back.

You should really cut back on the advertisements. Ad placement and selection takes a lot of time, and more is not better.

Oh yeah, and you might want to actually have content up for people who unsuspectingly click on your links. As it stands, your site is the web equivalent of an incredibly annoying billboard.

--PrezKennedy

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits