krooga
Xoops login problems (was: Bad day today - Look in)
  • 2006/4/30 22:40

• krooga

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/29

Hello guys,
I'm not having any luck today...
First i've not been able to post here, been getting an error, hope that this message will go through !

I spent 5 hours setting up a new XOOPS as my old one seemed to have died and I figured it would be easier to set up a new one.

So I set it up, everything is superb, i'm about to call it a day, when I try to login and realise that it doesnt work... When using the side block login nothing happens ! I have to go through the user.php page to login sucessfully...

Once in, I click to access the admin menu, and a window pops up saying that this is my first time in the control panel... So I click submit, and nothing, I am sent back to this same page...

Any idea guys ? Your help would be muchly appreciated !

Please help me out here, i'm totally stuck...

Sam

[size=x-small][edit by Bender] Oh and please use meaningfull topics. Usually yields better results also.[/size]

Bender
Re: Bad day today - Look in
  • 2006/4/30 22:41

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Write permissions on cache folder?
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

msdana
  • 2006/4/30 22:42

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Hi Sam,

Tell us what version of XOOPS you are using along with PHP & MySQL version. We can then try to help your bad day get better
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

krooga
  • 2006/4/30 23:00

• krooga

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/29

Hey guys,
Thanks for your support, deeply appreciated !

In reply to your suggestions, I have tried chmoding the cache folder to 444 and 777 but with no luck...

As of the PHP Version it seems to be running on 4.4.2 (http://www.radiofmr.com/info.php) and i'm not too sure of how to find the MySQL version...

Any advice on solving this would be much appreciated...

Thanks in advance,

Sam

EDIT: I cant post this message in Firefox... grrr...I get a message on a pink background that says "Could not insert forum post", grrr... whats wrong today.... Weird no ?

Bender
  • 2006/4/30 23:22

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Clear firefox cache if you havent done yet.

Next look here:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=29465&forum=7

Looks similar from a quick peek in the first page.

- does a different browser work?
- empty (not delete) sessions table in the database
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Login

Who's Online

239 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 239

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits