davidl2
Re: Downloading the entire package
  • 2006/4/27 18:20

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Xamps will allow you to simulate running XOOPS on a server... it's handy to build and test a site, before making it public and before chosing a hosting service to use.

No one else will be able to use the site (- well not in most cases anyway! ) .. but you can get your development done.

Ed_Elric
  • 2006/4/27 18:38

• Ed_Elric

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/20

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
Xamps will allow you to simulate running XOOPS on a server... it's handy to build and test a site, before making it public and before chosing a hosting service to use.

No one else will be able to use the site (- well not in most cases anyway! ) .. but you can get your development done.

So basically I can use it to get it going, then can I make it puplic? this will work out, correct?

So download it, make it, find hosting company and domain, and then i can host it so other people can see it? Is that how it works out? If so, then this probably answers all my questions so far...

Lance_
  • 2006/4/27 19:29

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

LOL, everytime you think you've answered a question, 10 more will pop up.

By the type of questions asked I get the feel you are trying to jump from the ground up to the tenth rung of a ladder.

The best answer is to make Google your friend, whenever a question pops up, enter it in google. Odds are, you'll get a lot your answers.

Cheers.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

Ed_Elric
  • 2006/4/27 19:37

• Ed_Elric

• Just popping in

Quote:

Lance_ wrote:
LOL, everytime you think you've answered a question, 10 more will pop up.

By the type of questions asked I get the feel you are trying to jump from the ground up to the tenth rung of a ladder.

The best answer is to make Google your friend, whenever a question pops up, enter it in google. Odds are, you'll get a lot your answers.

Cheers.

1. Thanks, but that still doesn't answer my questions. Is that what I need to do?
2. google=no

JMorris
  • 2006/4/27 19:48

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Ed_Elric,

Please forgive the blunt question, but are you actually reading the information people have provided you?

In the posts in this thread, there have been links provided that answer every question you have asked.

The key here is that you must be willing to do a little footwork. Nobody will sit and spoon feed XOOPS to you. It is not in your best interest for us to do so.

Managing a XOOPS site does not require a lot of technical aptitude, but it does require at least a basic knowledge of web based technologies. If you don't have such knowledge, you can still get by just fine with XOOPS provided that you are willing to do a bit of reading and learning.

Again, please forgive me, I'm not trying to be blunt. I just find it odd that you're replying so quickly without even taking the time to read through the information that has been provided to you.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Ed_Elric
  • 2006/4/27 19:56

• Ed_Elric

• Just popping in

Quote:

JMorris wrote:
Ed_Elric,

Please forgive the blunt question, but are you actually reading the information people have provided you?

In the posts in this thread, there have been links provided that answer every question you have asked.

The key here is that you must be willing to do a little footwork. Nobody will sit and spoon feed XOOPS to you. It is not in your best interest for us to do so.

Managing a XOOPS site does not require a lot of technical aptitude, but it does require at least a basic knowledge of web based technologies. If you don't have such knowledge, you can still get by just fine with XOOPS provided that you are willing to do a bit of reading and learning.

Again, please forgive me, I'm not trying to be blunt. I just find it odd that you're replying so quickly without even taking the time to read through the information that has been provided to you.

Best Regards,

James

Actually, i have read that stuff, but I'll read it again and see what to do, if I have a problem, then I will come back, ok?

JMorris
  • 2006/4/27 20:03

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Yes, by all means. We are eager to help. We only ask that you be willing to help yourself a little as well.

You may want to spend a little time going through the F.A.Q. section of this site as I recall that a few of your questions are specifically addressed there. Also, the XOOPS for Dummies documentation is extremely useful for walking you through the basic configuration of your site.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Login

Who's Online

419 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 419

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits