lucidlee
Modules: why don't they show in System modules list?
  • 2006/4/26 13:35

• lucidlee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/21

I'm recovering from a site pileup caused, I suspect, by newbb somehow going bad. Leastways if I inactivated it the rest of the site was sort of OK.

I decided to reinstall it. After backing up the db I copied a new copy of the module to the server and updated it in System/Module. My site kept crashing and I couldn't access the admin side. In desperation I used an ftp program to delete the module without uninstalling and did some other things which eventually gave me access to admin.

Now I'm trying to reinstall newbb (cbb 1.16) but even though I've copied over the module to the server it doesn't appear in the list of modules available for installation. I checked out the database tables and deleted all those starting with "bb". I still can't see the module to install it. I assume there is an entry in a table somewhere that controls this, maybe the config table, but what does it look like?

Alternatively, are there any other suggestions that will help me rectify the situation?
Lee
-----------
Complexity? Its just lots of simple things connected in lots of simple ways...

jensclas
Re: Modules: why don't they show in System modules list?

Hi lee -

what version of xoops, php and MySQL are you using? It may help someone give you an answer.

stefan88
  • 2006/4/26 21:35

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,
check in "PREFIX_modules" table, where "PREFIX" is the prefix you selected in instalation

lucidlee
  • 2006/4/26 23:39

• lucidlee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/21

Quote:
what version of xoops, php and MySQL are you using?
Xoops 2.0.13.2; php 4.4.0; MySQL 4.15.0-max
BTW I did have the XOOPS Info module installed but I uninstalled it to see if there was something wrong with the install/uninstall procedure, and it now won't show up in the list of modules available to install.
Lee
-----------
Complexity? Its just lots of simple things connected in lots of simple ways...

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits