River
Images management
  • 2006/4/13 13:01

• River

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/27

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to get the images management work?

I want to be able to insert images to my documents (Content/Article modules), I know in Content/Article, there is a button to click and type in the url for the image, but before this point I need to upload the image to a url (uploads directory on the server). So I go admin/images/ and added a directory, with access/admin right set up, then I also uploaded some images to that directory. So far so good, BUT the directory is no way to be seen, it is NOT inside the Uploads folder.

Where are the images?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

jensclas
Re: Images management

Quote:
So I go admin/images/ and added a directory,

Did you create a category? (not ftp creating folder directpries but using the system admin in the admin part of your site?)

Try using the image manager - go to admin, system adimin and click on images.
Create an image category (or more than one if you wish) and use this to upload the images you want to use.

Which content/article module are you using?
For example in news - create a news article (or edit one) there are two 'insert images' buttons - one with the URL you talk about. The other that says (graphic) image manager. Click on this and you get a popup to the image manager mentioned above . It appears to be blank but there is a drop down menu to select the image category created above. From there you can select an uploaded image. And you can also upload images here on the fly instead of going into the image manager via admin first.

HTH
Cheers

River
  • 2006/4/16 13:28

• River

• Just popping in

Hi jensclas,

Thanks for your reply.

I created the category via the image admin not FTP.

Following your tips, I managed to use the image manager in both News and Article module. But I can't find the image manager in the Content module. Just wondering is I need to install something to support this feature.

Thanks

jensclas

Which 'content' module are you using? Since I am using wf section (now known as smart section) for all my 'content' which is generally articles I am not sure I can assist...still a bit of a learner and i don't know all the modules. If I recal correctly the move to wf section allowed me to ignore and not use the supplied content module. With 'news' and wf sections I didn't want that more 'content' based modules. WF section gave me categories so i was able to split the articles up nicely. No need for another 'content' module in use - if you get what I mean.
If you still want to use the 'content' module perhaps try another post - how do i use image manager in the standard content module? perhaps someone can help.

Will_H
  • 2006/4/17 3:49

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

If you are litrerally talking about the "Content Module" then there is no image manager....

Its clear that you do not have access via ftp. so this can be confusing.

Do you have access via cpanel?

if so you can not only browse the files but you can get the url to image as well.

River
  • 2006/4/22 9:37

• River

• Just popping in

Hi jensclas,

It just the simply module called "Content" I think Biteronboard pointed out there is no image management in it and I can use FTP to upload images and use html (url) to link it up, it just that I try to avoid to use ftp for someone who admin the site.

I will try out your wf section idea.

Thanks for that.

Bender
  • 2006/4/22 9:51

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

@jenclass:
On a sidenote "wf section (now known as smart section)"

No way WF-Sections never became Smart Section. It was the one module we did not move into Smart Factory. So at best you converted over to Smart Section.

@river:
DonĀ“t try wf-sections but directly try Smart Section which can be found at The SmartFactory
Reason: WF-Sections is currently not under development.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

jensclas

Thanks for the correction bender - sorry

River
  • 2006/4/26 6:42

• River

• Just popping in

Thanks Bender

Login

Who's Online

116 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 116

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits