chrisroberts
Help with theme/template

Hello,

I upload several themes to my XOOPS site, and none of them will change the look of the website. The website is still utilizing the same default.

How can I change this?

Thanks,
Chris

MacKnIss
Re: Help with theme/template
  • 2006/4/6 4:37

• MacKnIss

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/11

Admin Menu > Preferences > General Settings > Default Theme > Choose Theme. If the theme you uploaded does not show up. Then you did not place it in the correct dir/folder.

Also, make sure that the: "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" check box is set to yes.

Then click "Go!" at the bottom of the page.

Let me know if this helps.

chrisroberts

Hello,

I downloaded the themes from the website. I unzipped the themes. I then uploaded the themes to the themes folder.

The theme appears in the general settings, but when selected nothing changes.

"Also, make sure that the: "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" check box is set to yes."

??? I have no idea where to find this??

Lourdes
  • 2006/4/6 19:32

• Lourdes

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/2/26

The option that states "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" should be in your Admin section, under General Preferences.

Please let us know how this works out for you.

chrisroberts

Ok, that's set at yes. I validated the themes were visible and they were installed in the themes directory, but still will not change.

The only part of the page that changes is the XOOPS at the top (banner) from static to flash.

The rest of the page does not change at all.

Thanks,
Chris

dave_uk
  • 2006/4/6 20:37

• dave_uk

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/11/27

you need to make sure that aswell as settinig your theme as the default theme you make it a selectable theme aswell i think this is about two options below the default theme in the admin > preferences menu
Wii Plaza - Wii Fansite community

chrisroberts

Hello,

Thanks for your help, but now I have a bigger problem on my hands the entire XOOPS went down over night for no reason. Simply says the page can not be displayed internal error, can not connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php

How can I fix this so I can fix the theme. I'm hoping this didn't affect all the rest of the program.

Thanks,
Chris

iHackCode

Quote:

chrisroberts wrote:
Hello,

I upload several themes to my XOOPS site, and none of them will change the look of the website. The website is still utilizing the same default.

How can I change this?

Thanks,
Chris

i believe that you will not see the change when you change the theme of the site from the admin control panel-preferences -general settings area. until you log out.

and i find that having the "themes" block is useful when want to check out some themes. and that themes list is based on the "selectable themes" in the general settings
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Login

Who's Online

119 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 119

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits