studioC
new xoops factory or ...
  • 2006/3/11 8:33

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

I’m playing with a new layout for XOOPS factory. It’s job will be to hold clean content and some images, which can easily be placed within blockadmin. It does not contain that much smarty stuff so it will be easy to port this theme to other templateengines or php stuff and , of course, prepared for what may come on 2.4 (?)

Two diffenrent backgrounds i'm actually thinking about. Visit the DEMO page and select theme xf_myxoopsfactory or xf_learning-linux.

It's a bit different blockstructure but basicly following the source of the former examples.

What do you think?
michael

jensclas
Re: new xoops factory or ...

I prefer the centered version learning linux. For what it is worth I also prefer the right column on the right and login along the top somewhere - hate scrolling to find a login.

Cheers

gestroud
  • 2006/3/12 5:41

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Love the xf_myxoopfactory, studioc. Heck, I've always liked your themes. I've used them on some of my sites and at first, I thought the design was a little unconventional. After checking out the latest offerings, I think I finally understand the logic of your creations: You not only think outside the box, you've thrown the box away. BRAVO!

P.S. Is the studioc_2005 theme available to the public?

studioC
  • 2006/3/12 9:32

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

thanks for feedback

@jensclas:
of course, you are right, i wouldn't use the blockpositions (eg. login) on a real site this way. If it is a community page, the login should always be a visible field on the whole site. This is a test site with dummy content only to show the "blockarangement". For there are themes with different arrangements, this is a small problem there. Glad to know that we can manage positions of blocks each within his aera in blockadmin. In this example the right blocks are used in "centerarea". We can use the blocks as "content divs" but "blocks only".

@gestroud:
thanks for feedback too. Yes, they may look strange a first view. Making themes for dl i try to give theme no unique look. This is what you should do making it unique on your site Use the source

what do you mean with studioc_2005? This was a basic css example theme with a small pdf tutorial for basic theming.

you can find it here:

studioC_2005 basic css example and howto

but i think you mean the actual theme from xoopsfactory? I released xf_colourBlue which is nearly the same css like xoopsfactory (without some special things)

you can find the dl here:

xf_colourBlue

thanks again, feedback is always needed!
michael

limecity
  • 2006/3/26 15:02

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

I am looking for the theme
xf_myxoops

is it available for download?
thanks
http://www.mounthiking.com
all your hiking gears and gadgets

studioC
  • 2006/3/26 20:37

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

limecity wrote:
I am looking for the theme
xf_myxoops

is it available for download?
thanks

no, it isn't, actually
Will see when i get managed to test and pack xf_myxoops for download.

michael

Tailzehhhh
  • 2006/4/6 19:14

• Tailzehhhh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/6 5

xf_myxoopsfactory is a better choice for me.

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits