shortty2006
Please Help
  • 2006/3/28 17:11

• shortty2006

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/28

Hi
Im Grant and im 14, i recently started a website (my first) and i want to add a login feature to the site. I don't know any scripting so a friend recommended xoops. So i have installed it (shorttyproductions.co.uk/testsite) and edited the template as you will see.

But when i go to login
User:test
Pass:august

It goes back the the login page, i think this probally cause i have no idea what im doing and i have just gone ahead and edited the page.

Could someone please help me, i would even consider paying as im that desperate, i've been trying for months.

Thanx

rowdie
Re: Please Help
  • 2006/3/28 18:00

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

Check your mainfile.php

Look for the constant called 'XOOPS_URL' and make sure it's *exactly* the same as your url... i.e. maybe there's a 'www' there that shouldn't be?

'been trying for months' is not good, ask for help sooner... we're quite a friendly bunch here mostly

Rowd

iHackCode

Q: did you edit the index.php file? (http://shorttyproductions.co.uk/testsite/index.php)
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

rajanurs
  • 2006/3/28 18:12

• rajanurs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/8

Seems to me you have removed access for yourself [Webmaster] to the admin block.

It logs in alright and I can see all the user info. [including your hotmail account id ]

But the problem is it cannot access the admin section....even when I try by entering the admin.php to the url

I dont know how to fix it.... maybe you can try reinstalling XOOPS afresh on a different folder instead of waiting it out for a few more months.

iHackCode

my analysis is that he edited the index.php file and not the actual theme.html file itself. And test is userid #2 so im guessing that is just a test account.

so far these are my assumptions.
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

shortty2006
  • 2006/3/28 19:17

• shortty2006

• Just popping in

Hey
Banit you are correct, test is just a test account and i did just edit index.php

I am seriously very new to all of this, so sorry if i seem a little slow.

You lot do certainly seem like a friendly bunch though!!!!

Thanx

jensclas

I hoe you have got the help you needed to resolve your problem. Congratulations on getting this far at your age. You migt find it helpful to book mark some sites that have help documents in them. They are really helpful for running your site.
Xoops for dummies
This one shouldn;t throw you too much with the language - it is easy to read and understand.

Johns Tutorials
You will find these really easy to understand too.

Xoops docs at crush depth
These will also be helpful somewhere along the way.

For more browse through the thread 'Find help docs here' until we have the new XOOPS documentation back on line.

Cheers

shortty2006
  • 2006/4/13 15:38

• shortty2006

• Just popping in

Hey
I seem to have forgotten to thank you all for your help, well thanx. I've book marked the links so im going to have a look through them after i have finished writing this post.

Bandit solved my problem over msn, he was very helpful

Im modifing my XOOPS site at the moment and im getting the hang of it.

Anyway once again, thanx all

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits