DriedGraze
My first attempt...
  • 2006/3/24 1:56

• DriedGraze

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/21

I'd never profess to being a code toad and so it was rather refreshing to discover Xoops. This is my first attempt and still a work in progress so please be gentle. I am only just beginning to add content so it's not very exciting yet but feel free to have a poke around and even sign up!

www.bringbackducking.com

rabideau
Re: My first attempt...
  • 2006/3/24 2:29

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Looks like you're making good progress! Enjoy!
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

menochi
  • 2006/3/24 4:36

• menochi

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/28

Nice site. As a first attemp ... GOOD !

I am missing a simple (but nice)selfexplaining FIRST PAGE as the homepage. The contactmod should be open for all. (I think so )
in valid code we trust

DriedGraze
  • 2006/3/24 9:52

• DriedGraze

• Just popping in

Thanks, there's nothing really special about it but the fact I installed it and uploaded separate modules and themes AND got them working is a minor triumph for me

I was actually wondering about a 'home page'. How do I manage that rather than being directed straight to news or forum?

Also, I thought the 'Contact Us' block should show up with all the other blocks but it's not there! Should I be looking somewhere else in order to change who views it?

bb2120
  • 2006/3/24 14:16

• bb2120

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/7/6 1

Well done DriedGraze - your fist XOOPS site is a loadbetter than my first site!

Any chance you could tell the name of the font that you use in your logo?

help appreciated

bb2120

DriedGraze
  • 2006/3/24 14:27

• DriedGraze

• Just popping in

Quote:

bb2120 wrote:
Well done DriedGraze - your fist XOOPS site is a loadbetter than my first site!

Any chance you could tell the name of the font that you use in your logo?

help appreciated

bb2120
Thanks! The font is blippo light sf.

kjk786
  • 2006/3/24 16:54

• kjk786

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/26

bb2120

Witch game module you are using on your site??

Regards
Ansari
www.roo.no
Free Advertising

Tailzehhhh
  • 2006/4/6 19:13

• Tailzehhhh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/6 5

not..... bad. a nice first attempt to look good, but it could significantly be improved, as you said , it is your first and im sure a second version or site will be alot better. good luck.

jensclas

Quote:
I was actually wondering about a 'home page'. How do I manage that rather than being directed straight to news or forum?

In your admin general settings you can select a module to use for home page - you could have articles for example as your HP - you just need to select the module for the 'start' page. I am sure there is more on this if you do a search - but that is the standard for 2.13 version.

Quote:
Also, I thought the 'Contact Us' block should show up with all the other blocks but it's not there! Should I be looking somewhere else in order to change who views it?

You should be able to find 'contact us' in you blocks grid in admin - make sure you allocate it a place in the left or right column if you want - however since it appears in your horizontal menu that should be enough - it is a common feature of websites to have it there so the general audinece would be comfortable with that.

For more help check the help docs link below - you just never know what else you might learn to do from these links.

(BTW...while I had to look at what ducking was all about (I'm an aussie and a female...who BTW does not nag but is patient) I have to register a strong objection to a 'pink room' for theladies - surely you could be a tad more original and less sterotypical there...but I guess it's in keeping with the rest.... )

DriedGraze

Thanks jensclas.

What I should have said was that I know how to select a particular module as the home page but I wanted a simple home page in the same vein as PostNuke allows you to choose an Admin message to welcome visitors.

As for the Contact Us module, it doesn't show in Blocks admin so I'm unable to set position or permissions. I'll try reinstalling it.

The Pink Room is definately a tad unoriginal but as you mention, it's in keeping with the rest of the site. I'm sure you took the site for what it is, a spoof site and just a bit of fun; very much unlike www.dontdatehimgirl.com, which I am pleased to say is currently down. This site blatently names and shames guys who, in the views of the girls who dated them, were no good. Now, whilst these guys may or may not have deserved to be called a crap date, they generally didn't ask for their photos, addresses, telephone and mobile details or e-mail addy's to be splashed all over such a high profile website!

btw I'm emigrating to Bendigo in a few months. I see you are just up the Calder Highway from me

[edit] That site seems to be up again

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits