logicaldrift
Content doesn't appear in custom blocks

I recently upgraded from 2.0.9.2 to 2.0.10. After completing the upgrade, the content in my custom blocks doesn't appear. The blocks appear with he correct titles, but there is no content. I upgraded again to 2.0.13b but the problem is still occuring. Any ideas?

http://www.logicaldrifter.com

JackJ
Re: Content doesn't appear in custom blocks
  • 2006/3/20 17:45

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

Hi there

Nothing is appearing at all, did you go to system admin->groups and check the relevant block permissions for anon users etc?

Also try updating your system files in system admin->modules.

If this does not work could you switch on php debug in general settings and post the results.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results...

ALbert Einstein

Quest
  • 2006/3/20 19:05

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Also check in your administration/system/blocks.
You need to make sure each block you want to show on your top/start page are actually set to be viewed in that page.

Do you have the content showing in the custom blocks edit block area? If you lost it somehow and you backed up your database before you upgraded you can go into the old database and retrieve the info. Copy and paste it into the custom block and edit out all the db stuff leaving only the html and it should work just like it did.

Quest

logicaldrift

THANK YOU! Both of your suggestions proved helpful. I forgot to update the permissions for anonymous users, though fixing that didn't fix the problem. But updating my system admin module fixed it quite nicely. Thanks so much for your help.

Login

Who's Online

109 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 109

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits