Lemernis
dimensions for article created in Photoshop for XOOPS
  • 2006/3/19 19:10

• Lemernis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/16

I have zero experience with web design via XOOPS or any other application. But I'd like to create a series of articles via Photoshop for submission to a XOOPS website.

I have a very rudimentary question: when I make an article in Photoshop (v. 5.0 LE), what dimensions should I make the canvas size for the Photoshop document in order to assure that it fits properly when imported (?) into the 'articles' module of the site?

I've been advised that I need to save the .PSD document as a .jpeg, if that information is relevant.

Ironically, I do have full permissions as a webmaster to the site (it's a small project). So if I'm told where to look, I can probably find out any custom dimensions the site may use. (I just fear I might quickly get in over my head if I try to do too much too quicly without really understanding what I'm doing. But I guess I can always check with the owner before doing anything.)

Any guidance here will be tremendously appreciated. Thanking you in advance. :)

msdana
Re: dimensions for article created in Photoshop for XOOPS
  • 2006/3/20 2:20

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

I'm sorry, I really don't understand why you just can't type the articles in whatever article module the website uses using the text editor provided by website?

I'm trying to understand so I can help you, so any additional information you can provide helps. What version of XOOPS and what articles module.

Dana
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Jharis
  • 2006/3/20 3:40

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/13

Hi Lemernis and welcome to Xoops.

Xoops has several content modules that will let you wrap html pages. If possible save your work as html. That is the best way to display content created in another program.

don (el paso)
motto - green chili for everything!

Lemernis
  • 2006/3/20 10:52

• Lemernis

• Just popping in

Thanks for the responses!

Unfortunately the website is down right at the moment as the host server is being moved. It uses 7dana, I remember that much. In a day or two here I'll be able to provide more info.

My question betrays my near total ignorance and lack of experience.

When I looked at the site's 'create a new article' (or words to that effect) section I was daunted by all the settings. So I asked the site's main developer if I could make the documents in Photoshop and send them to him. I'm a neophyte with Photoshop as well, but at least I have some familiarity with how to create layers with it.

I guess I should pose the question differently. How do I begin practicing at

1) creating an article
2) adding layers of graphic images and background colors/visual effects?

tnx for your help!

Lemernis
  • 2006/3/22 11:42

• Lemernis

• Just popping in

Okay, the site says at the bottom: