script_fu
Re: Xoops online store

I hear what your saying but after all I did say other sites as well as yours. Beta is beta but if you must try this link for a few more answers...

Regards

skeletor
  • 2006/3/15 3:36

• skeletor

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/20

i will look into the image handler, thanks for the suggestion. and yea, i know its beta, but like i said, really this is just a small online shop, and with oscommerce, i tried it and had more bugs just with installing it. and with its lack of support anymore, i thought zen cart would be the way to go. Maybe if nothing else it will be updated sometime in the not to far future.

peterr
  • 2006/3/15 3:52

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/8/5 9

Quote:

skeletor wrote:
...., and with oscommerce, i tried it and had more bugs just with installing it. and with its lack of support anymore, i thought zen cart would be the way to go. Maybe if nothing else it will be updated sometime in the not to far future.

Do you mean 'XOOPS/osCommerce' or just osCommerce ??

I can assure you that osCommerce 'alone' _does_ have a lot of support, see the board stats here:

http://forums.oscommerce.com/

1149 users online at present, there is a huge number of contributions, and the 'roadmap' for version 3 is shown here

If your site is _only_ a shop, then why not just use osCommerce instead of XOOPS ? XOOPS is great, but if your main objective for the site is an online store, then use an 'e-commerce' product. Zen Cart has no where near the support and features that osC does, ... after all, it's just a port/fork from osCommerce. :)

P
NO to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard.
Sign the petition

skeletor
  • 2006/3/15 4:47

• skeletor

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/20

i meant the xoops/oscommerce. I know oscommerce itself has tons of support, but as far as the XOOPS part. I may look into losing the XOOPS portion, but I don't know.
This site actually just started out as my playing with XOOPS seeing what all it could do, before all I had used was joomla, but even that I didn't use much. Of course XOOPS is now my site of choice . But I think because of that I just never considered the site without it.

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits