dshealy
One word - Quickbase
  • 2006/3/12 13:02

• dshealy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/14

Somebody make a fool out of me and tell me there's a CMS framework, module, add-on or otherwise that includes or is coming close to including something like Quickbase functionality. (I'm talking about Intuit's Quickbase athttp://www.quickbase.com).

From the Open Source CMS world, I thought I saw smoke coming from places like PLONE and WEBGUI, but I just don't have the technical jewels to figure through the development speak.

Quickbase is such an easy and wonderful database tool, and it represents such a straightforward, flexible solution. I've been using it since it was free for little guys years ago when it started. If one you programming types just duplicate it, you would go to heaven for sure. And I mean duplicate it. The functionality is so generic and so pure it now borders a spreadsheet-like "killerclick" nature. And its SO simple!

So many XOOPS and other CMS module add-ons that represent so many tiny subsets of what an 19 year old intern admin can create with Quickbase, seem to be run through the human interface meat grinder. Survey modules, Project management modules, appointment modules, contact modules, etc. From the quickbase point of view they're just relational database structures that are relative simple challenges of inputing data and outputing data. That's it.

Make it so or make me an idiot, please just don't miss the question or try to entertain others answering half of it.

Thanks in advance,
David

Alan-A
Re: One word - Quickbase
  • 2006/3/12 13:57

• Alan-A

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

Hallo David
I'm not sure that I've found your question - do you mean that quickbase is a great database system comparable with MySQL (apart from not being OpenSource) and that you're wanting to know if anyone's ported XOOPS to use it?
Alan

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits