kikkorm
How to: open News into first page
  • 2006/3/1 22:56

• kikkorm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/17

Hi, i'm currently using Bdnews module. I would like to show all news in the first page of my web site. How can i arrange to open news into that page? Using blocks i can only arrange to create a page with topics, but i would like all articles to open in the first page. thanks

marcionline
Re: How to: open News into first page

Simple: just define this module (Bdnews) for start page in preferences/general settings.

jonr_is
  • 2006/3/2 1:25

• jonr_is

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/2 1

Is there a tutorial somewhere how to make a custom frontpage?
Now on Xoops: 4-3system.com

smdcom

use my latest module:

http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1305&release_id=874#selected

-SMD-

skeletor
  • 2006/3/10 17:13

• skeletor

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/20

i just tried out xmspotligh. and i like the idea of it. and it does the news spotlight quite nicely. but the catagorys that are supposed to be under it, don't show up, and im guessing they need to be definded in the general settings section of the xmspotlight area in the admin contol panel, but it doesn't work. once you click that link it says "taking you back to where you were, if it doesn't reload click here." and then it takes you back to /modules/system/admin.php?fct=preferences

this is with XOOPS 2.2.3..

jensclas

Quote:

smdcom wrote:
use my latest module:

http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1305&release_id=874#selected

-SMD-

SMD - I am the kind of user that likes to know a bit more about a module before I jump in and download it...and unfortunately you have no documentation to go with it. Your project summary has one help request in the forum that hasn't got a response, there are no features described, no samples and no docs so that makes it really hard to decide if this is the module I am after. I hope you can address this soon. In particular i need to know if this module will work with 2.0.13 and others might want to know it it will operate with 2.2 versions. (the one call for help comes from someone using a 2.2. version)

On the downloads page it says Quote:
Below is a list of all files of the project. Before downloading, you may want to read Release Notes, Change Log, and Dependencies (accessible by clicking on the release name below).

A bit hard to do when none have been uploaded!

Cheers

skeletor
  • 2006/3/10 21:08

• skeletor

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/20

im having the same proplem as the guy in there.. what i did as a temp fix.. was just deleted the whole categorys section for the block template. otherwise in IE you get lil boxes with red x's in them cuz the images aren't right.it would be nice to get this to work, but i don't know that much about all this try try and fix it myself :P

iHackCode

what i know is that the module requires the news/class/class.newsstory.php file. since the xmspotlight_block_news.php file uses functions from that file.

and the setting for what categories to show is set in the "news spotlight" tab/link in that modules admin. it looks like some of the things in this links in this module doesnt work .. probably because it is in Alpha.

but.. it works. it has so much potential. and possibilites..
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

menochi
  • 2006/3/11 6:14

• menochi

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/28

Have I missed something? What is Bdnews?
in valid code we trust

Login

Who's Online

280 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 280

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits