gestroud
666 Survival.com
  • 2006/2/28 6:58

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

This is a personal site I started about a week ago. It essentially covers "End-Time" and "Apocalyptic" news stories from a Biblical perspective. The site is still under development, but I'd appreciate any input about what works and what doesn't. Gotta add more content and categorize some modules. I also know the Bible module is falling apart under XOOPS 2.2, but please let me know about anything else you come across.

www.666survival.com

Jharis
Re: 666 Survival.com
  • 2006/2/28 7:33

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/13

Nice! I'll dig into it later even though I'm not an end time christian.... I'm one of those here and now types!

I was going to build such a site myself. I hope you don't mind if I draw some inspiration from your work.

thanks G. Nice work.

don (el paso)
motto - green chili for everything!

gecko
  • 2006/2/28 8:27

• gecko

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/11

check your self in firefox there are a couple of theme errors, you will see the text at the top breaks left.

Not sure about the articles tho a little epic for me.

good effort tho
gecko

Mantooth
  • 2006/2/28 17:21

• Mantooth

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/2

i remember a post about a medical marijuana site you also made. i mean no offense but it's strange that the sites you made are such polar opposites. both are very interesting and you've done a great job.

I hate Mortal Kombat

gestroud
  • 2006/2/28 18:02

• gestroud

• Home away from home

Thanks for the input, guys. Every little bit helps.

@ jharis: " I hope you don't mind if I draw some inspiration from your work." Go right ahead! I have a feeling we'll be working for the same boss.

@ gecko: Thanks for the firefox observation. Totally forgot to check that.

"Not sure about the articles tho a little epic for me."

Most of the issues cover the last 4,000 years. Resized Image LOL!

@ Mantooth: No offense taken. The medical marijuana site is for a friend with cancer.

gestroud
  • 2006/7/20 17:56

• gestroud

• Home away from home

I'd shut this site down for quite a while - wasn't happy with the original theme. Trying out a new one from Graphic Worx which seems to be MUCH better. Appreciate any input I want to start working on this one a little more diligently, but can't until I feel it looks "just right."

666 Survival

jensclas

Hi
It looks quite good in firefox now - didn;t check before this time though so i can;t compare.

However i just thought perhaps you might reconsider your banner ads...I know you need to generate income but the one I saw was advertising the purchase of 'police gear' which seems contrary to the ...trying to find the right word...christian message or mission which appears to be central to your site content.

I know it is possibly just an add and i don't know the first thing about banner adds but you'd get more click through from Christians or people interested in God, Christianity and modern public debate about things Christian to adds from books and resources for Christian living an ethics than for items that symbolise power, control and even violence. Just food for thought...

gestroud
  • 2006/7/20 19:54

• gestroud

• Home away from home

thanks for the input!

the site is constructed with Christian survivalists (not extremists) in mind. Our main interests (besides God) are survival gear and self-protection. Although I agree the banner could be a bit better, the company mostly sells outdoor gear, short wave radios, tents, sleeping bags, dehydrated food, etc. Besides, I have 5 other sites for conventional Christianity and one for interfaith dialogs.

throlson
  • 2006/7/20 22:29

• throlson

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/20

great site keep it up

kozuch82
  • 2006/8/25 23:43

• kozuch82

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/2 2

This is not that baaad! ;)

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits