dimitris_s
problem with database I think! urgent
  • 2006/2/21 19:06

• dimitris_s

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/13

hi again!

I have 2.2.3a XOOPS and i installed xipb 1.5b.

When I was in the xipb admin section I clicked on something about skins and after 2 secs an error message appeared about the apache and I did a reset on the computer, so it could not save any bad moves that I could probably have done.

after resseting the PC, when I opened firefox every bookmark dissapeared and when I try now to login to my site it says that my password/username is incorrect!

I didn't do anything at php or mysql. Now apache works ok but the problem is here!

HELP!
.:::http://tus.ath.cx :::.
Apache 2.0.55, PHP 4.4.2, MySQL 4.0.18

dimitris_s
Re: problem with database I think! urgent
  • 2006/2/21 21:37

• dimitris_s

• Just popping in

ok.. I fixed firefox and reinstalled xoops.

But when i tried to install again xipb in a fresh XOOPS install the problem came back again...

after i installed the module xipb 1.5b i clicked on the module icon as it says in the documentation and it asked for the database stuff.

It didn't let me install it in a different database [i could not change database name, username etc. So i installed it in the same database where XOOPS is installed.

The installation went ok, but because I was suspicious, i logged off and then tried to logon and it said the same thing:

Wrong identification...

How can I install Xipb??

Help please.

Stewdio
  • 2006/2/21 21:43

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

What exactly is Xipb? Is it a module, or separate script? I know what IPB is, but I can't say that I've ever heard of the one you have mentioned.

I would like to check the documentation to see if I could help. Can you provide a lin or two? I couldn't find anything here on the main site.
XOOPS Community Support

Bender
  • 2006/2/21 21:48

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Quote:

Stewdio wrote:
What exactly is Xipb? Is it a module, or separate script? I know what IPB is, but I can't say that I've ever heard of the one you have mentioned.

Stewdio: you sure about that, lol?

*throwing in* bbpixel.com, koudanshi ... IPB as a XOOPS module ...

[size=x-small]Though its refered to as x-ipb instead of xipb usually.[/size]
----

Sorry no good idea on the original problem. Did you consider posting over at bbpixel.com? Also monty might have an idea once he sees this thread.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

dimitris_s
  • 2006/2/21 21:52

• dimitris_s

• Just popping in

Xipb stands for Xoops-IPB or else XOOPS Invision Power board and yes it's a seperate module not a script.

It's a message board.

Now can you help me guys?

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits