e-u-l-o-g-y
Language?

Hi!
After I've been looking a bit in the different module folders, I've found that all language specific strings are stored in their own folders. Is there a way to change the current language without editing these files and overwriting them? And are there any places where I can get some other language files?

indiear
Re: Language?
  • 2006/2/15 20:36

• indiear

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/16

language files:

https://xoops.org/modules/core/viewcat.php?cid=10

Set your default language:

go to admin ---->Preferenses----->System---->General Settings

here you will set your default language

e-u-l-o-g-y

Thanks, but there's a problem. I don't seem to find any language files in my language (norwegian) - well actually I'd like a english backend and a norwegian frontend, but that'll only complicate things ;). So how should I generate my own language? Just duplicate the english folder and rename it? I guess I'll have to do this in all the modules too?

mferreira
  • 2006/2/16 20:23

• mferreira

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/19

New languages come with an install script and they install themselves in your xoops.

So, I dont think that jus copying the folder and renaming will work.
Sorry for my bad english... :)
I love to learn, feel free to tell me when I misspell something.
Using Xoops 2.0.16, FC4, PHP 5.0.4-10.5, Apache 2.0.54-10.4, mysql-4.1.20-1.FC4.1.

gerasimos
  • 2006/2/16 20:41

• gerasimos

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/28

Hello everyone

e-u-l-o-g-y it work for me, u see i need it Greek translation for some modules, so in every module in language/english folder i edit the php file end replaced with translated Greeks.

As for system message i went to general langueage folder and made the same thing.

hope that help u

By the way I LOVE YOUR COUNTRY

e-u-l-o-g-y

Hmmm.. I'd like to keep the english language intact, and change a clone of that one. Any suggestions on how to fix that?

gerasimos: hehe... nice! I've never been to your country, but I'd love to go there sometime! :)

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits